Hi,

I just got my Lumia 920 a day ago and so far I love the OS and the phone itself. Was an iPhone user since it's launch and decided it was time to try something new and exciting. The biggest issue I am having at the moment is with friends/contact who own iPhones and whom I used iMessage with. I can send them text messages from my Lumia but when they reply, it only appears on my iOS devices (iPhone,iPad). I have no issues whatsoever with any Android users so it seems to be some iMessage issue.

Anyone experiencing this and If so, any fixes?

Thanks
    11-11-2012 07:52 PM
    happens to me as well, I just put my iphone in airplane mode. when its connected to wifi though the imessages start again. just leave it in airplane mode
    11-11-2012 07:57 PM
    Had same issue. I had to turn off iMessage on my iPad
    11-11-2012 08:00 PM
    11-11-2012 08:00 PM
    This was happening to me too. I turned iMessage off on my iphone. I tested it with a friend and on his phone it didn't say "delivered" after I had turned it off. After a few minutes the texts he had sent to me, initially through imessage, came through on my 920.
    11-11-2012 08:08 PM
    Same here, I had to turn of that MMS feature on my old iPhone and after a few mins it all worked great.
    11-11-2012 09:33 PM
    same here. couldn't you just resintall iOS without the SIM card so it doesn't have all that information on the device. I'm gonna do that now cuz everyone I know has an Iphone and I get messages on my 5 and not my 920.
    11-11-2012 09:50 PM
    It's because your iMessage is linked to your Apple ID rather than your phone number. The settings for this can be changed under messages I believe
    downhillrider likes this.
    11-11-2012 11:00 PM
    Does anybody have a way to do this when the iPhone is dead?
    I tried deleting the phone from my apple account, but that didn't help.
    04-09-2013 03:28 AM
    I changed my email address on itunes and it worked.
    04-09-2013 03:39 AM
    Put sim back in iphone, disable sending imessages with phone number, only email address then turn off imessages in settings. Restart phone. Take sim out.

Then do this:

1. Tell them to go to: https://supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do
    2. Log in with their Apple ID.
    3. Click on edit products
    4. Click on the x to the right of the product.
    5. Click unregister

Worked for me!
    I still use imessages on my laptop to occasionally send messages to friends who have ipads/iphones. Just make sure to never let imessages authorise your phone number. Only log on with your email on other devices and remove your phone number :)

I figured this would happened so i started this process about a week before i got my lumia lol.
    04-09-2013 08:59 AM