What do you enjoy most about the 920?

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey you guys, what do you enjoy most about your 920? After playing with a real unit I was thoroughly impressed and couldn't get over that beautiful screen.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The entire thing is just amazing looking. I always liked the way it looked, and I had never seen a 900 in person. It's just a beautifully designed phone. It's actually thinner than I was expecting.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The entire thing is just amazing looking. I always liked the way it looked, and I had never seen a 900 in person. It's just a beautifully designed phone. It's actually thinner than I was expecting.

Ya, last week I handled a dummy unit and wasn't impressed. Let's just say the dummy unit doesn't do the real device justice.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
New to windows I love the people hub and dedicated camera button which I know is a windows thing not a lumia thing but still love it! Think this phone is just beautifully designed and the $99 with upgrade including a $49 wireless charging plate made my upgrade choice pretty easy. Coming from a HTC OneX I love the 32g of storage too.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
New to windows I love the people hub and dedicated camera button which I know is a windows thing not a lumia thing but still love it! Think this phone is just beautifully designed and the $99 with upgrade including a $49 wireless charging plate made my upgrade choice pretty easy. Coming from a HTC OneX I love the 32g of storage too.
I too came from the One X. That was the best built device with the wrong OS. The 920 is a bit chunky, but not too bad. Not the best design in my opinion, but still a great design overall. Sleek. I only wished HTC would get out of their bubble and actually add things that people care about, like storage. That 16 GB crap is killing them. I had the 8x and took it back. Great phone, but the price the price should have been cheaper than the 920 because overall the 920 packs more. HTC is cheating people. Probably the last HTC I will ever buy....because they won't give us more storage or expandable storage.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
One thing i noticed right away is that it fits in my hand a lot more comfortably than my 900 did. Kind of surprised me since I knew it would be slightly bigger. They did an amazing job of re-contouring the shape though and it fits like a glove now. The curved glass is lovely, you just want to glide your fingers provocatively all over this thing. :lol:

That's fairly superficial but so far it's one of the things I like best. I also LOVE the higher resolution. It really makes pictures pop and websites much easier to read.

The speed and new features are great as well, I keep finding new little things that delight and surprise me.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
camera, camera, camera

It's amazing. I've only used it indoors, but have been amazed. With the flash on, it works WAY better than my iPhone 4 flash did, with the flash off, it still takes good pics, even in very dark settings, but any movement will blur, so using the flash is probably best. It has a much wider angle lens than most smart phones, with I also like. The video is equally impressive and the optical image stabilization really works well. You can also have the flash on continuous when videoing. It's really going to be harder to haul around my DSLR now.

The OS is very intuitive and it only took a few minutes to get used to.

I've found a few minor issues, but they will probably be addressed in future releases.

I think this the 920 and MP8 will be successful and within a year, there will be a much larger app store.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I too came from the One X. That was the best built device with the wrong OS. The 920 is a bit chunky, but not too bad. Not the best design in my opinion, but still a great design overall. Sleek. I only wished HTC would get out of their bubble and actually add things that people care about, like storage. That 16 GB crap is killing them. I had the 8x and took it back. Great phone, but the price the price should have been cheaper than the 920 because overall the 920 packs more. HTC is cheating people. Probably the last HTC I will ever buy....because they won't give us more storage or expandable storage.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I really like the looks of the HTC 8x but the price and storage and turn by turn navigation sold me on this one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6