Finally got a chance to check out the Lumia 920 dummy model at Rogers.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
First impressions. The phone is HHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEE! The thickness, weight, and height were perfectly fine but the thing is WIDE. It is the same width as the GS3 but I think combined with the lack of tapered edges, thickness, and width the phone seems like WAY bigger than any other phone released that doesn't have the name Vu or Note in it.

People on the fence about the size should definitely handle it before ordering it online. It is effectively larger than any 4.7 or 4.8 inch phone.

I had this phone reserved and shipped to a Rogers store on October 31st, lucky they tried overcharging me or I would have been stuck with a phone that is way over my size limit. I guess I have to settle for an HTC 8x or a Nexus 4.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I am aware of the actually measurements but the physical dimensions do not always tell the full story.

I haven't handled a Nexus 4 yet but the Optimus G feels much smaller than the 920, by quite a lot too.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am aware of the actually measurements but the physical dimensions do not always tell the full story.

I haven't handled a Nexus 4 yet but the Optimus G feels much smaller than the 920, by quite a lot too.

Couldn't disagree more. My better half has a gs3 and the 920 simply feels better in the hand. I've held the optimus also and i found that unit far from ergonomic. All about preference I guess.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

The Optimus G which is 1.2 mm wider...feels smaller? Because of tapered edges? What?

I believe you have a severe case of smallhandsitus.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I've held both my 920 and an 8x at the same time, and an 820 as well. They all felt about the same, just minor form differences. None felt too large.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb