Top flexes/pops when pushed

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If I push on the top of my white 920 in front of the headphone jack, it moves and makes popping noise. None of the other sides of the phone do this.

I've seen another post that sounded like the same issue and am wondering if this is common or a few defective phones.

e24mpwr

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If I push on the top of my white 920 in front of the headphone jack, it moves and makes popping noise. None of the other sides of the phone do this.

I've seen another post that sounded like the same issue and am wondering if this is common or a few defective phones.

Absolutely nothing on mine flexes or makes noise. You should get a replacement.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Mine does the same

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys know how I can get it replaced? Rogers wouldn't replace it. (Believe me, I tried and was adamant and they told me they would not do it, and I also cannot go to another location)

I'm in Canada, so I guess I will be mailing the phone to Nokia? Who will probably give me back a gutted/refurbished unit that might have even more problems than cosmetic ones and I could be phoneless for a month? Sigh coming from Apple iPhones I feel pretty much on my own here.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
You should get it replaced. My 920 doesn't do this, so there are phones out there that don't have this defect.

Sigh what should I do?

I'm in canada and Rogers told me they will never replace the phone for minor cosmetic defects such as this (trust me I was pissed and adamant too still no dice), and I cannot go to any other carrier locations as it has to be the location of the sale. (speechless)

Guess I've to deal with Nokia? Will I have to send my phone in a coffin to Nokia where I might get a gutted/refurbished phone back a month later with even more potential non-cosmetic issues? I feel totally on my own here, coming from Apple, I guess I've been spoiled because there are apple stores in every mall ready to replace your unit for issues such as this.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I would take to twitter. Start with @Nokia, who will probably send you to the help section. Mention Rogers on there, too.
It's an odd-sounding problem, but I could not recreate it on my phone, so I'd say it's an anomaly. Good luck!

RyoTGZ

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Got mine switched out. I was worried the new one would have the same issue because the one on display did it too. But this one is much better. I only heard one small pop when I pushed on it and hasnt done it since. None of the black 920s nor a yellow did it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb