Bluetooth not reconnecting to car radio

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.

Thanks

chrgeorgeson

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler with Uconnect and the lumia 920 wont reconnect upon getting back into the vehicle. I have to go into Bluetooth settings on the phone and tap the Uconnect device from the list to have it connect. Did not have this issue with my iphone I replaced and I had a 2011 Charger with a different Uconnect then the jeep has and use to use it with my Lumia 900 and never had a problem. Anyone else having reconnect issues after initial setup with a Bluetooth device. Once I manually reconnect it stays and works fine.

Thanks
No problems here but I did notice that ALL music tagging data doesn't show up over bluetooth anymore.

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
I have the same issue. I detailed it in the bug list thread.

msellers30

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same issue. 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My 920 won't reconnect when I start my car. I have to go into BT settings on the phone and tap UConnect to make it reconnect.

My 900 reconnected with the Jeep flawlessly, so something is going on here with the 920.

Thanks

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Mine is a 2012 jeep wrangler and all my phones, titan 1, 900 and focus connect and reconnect with no issues. My 920 will connect sometimes and sometimes it wont. I also notice when I have Bluetooth on in settings on the 920, the Bluetooth icon in notification bar is off~~ I definitely believe it has something to do with the 920. This issue also caused my first 920 to freeze up and I had to exchange it for the one I have. Problem is it still has BT issues.

RockPaperBFG

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Try removing all of the phones you have ever had paired from your car stereo and then re-pairing your 920. This is exactly the issue I had when moving from my Samsung Focus to my Lumia 900. It paired fine, but wouldn't reconnect automatically. After l I removed everything from the car stereo and re-paired it then it was fine.

vel0city

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue with a Surround in a 2012 Ford Focus. I haven't experienced the Bluetooth not connecting yet, but that issue with my Surround was a pretty intermittent one. It would go weeks working flawlessly, and then just not connect.

For me, the audio keeps skipping. It kind of sounds like a lightly scratched CD, where it just kind of pauses for a second and then continues and sometimes sounds a little off. That happens the majority of the time while listening to things on Bluetooth on my 920. If I mess with the set up enough, it sometimes starts working fine. But that involves ~10min of just changing settings back and forth, and I don't want to spend that much time to just get in my car and have music play.

I don't understand why car stereo's bluetooth implementations seem so shaky. I've never had as many problems with the dozens of bluetooth devices I've owned compared to trying to get a phone to work with a car stereo. Every phone and every stereo seems to have quirks when it comes to working the two together through bluetooth.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, it happened again. @nd phone and when trying to connect to my 2012 Jeep wrangler it locked up and froze and I had to do a hard reset of the power on phone. This sux ***.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with Nokia they dont even know that this is an issue!! Please call them directly to report Bluetooth issue at:

888-665-4228 Nokia call center

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Had the same issue in my 2009 Dodge Challenger today while picking up lunch. I'll see if this persists. Doesn't seem to be an issue in my Jeep with a aftermarket radio with Bluetooth integration.

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue in my 2009 Dodge Challenger today while picking up lunch. I'll see if this persists. Doesn't seem to be an issue in my Jeep with a aftermarket radio with Bluetooth integration.

My problem is definetly spuratic. Sometimes it connects sometimes it dosnt.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with Nokia they dont even know that this is an issue!! Please call them directly to report Bluetooth issue at:

888-665-4228 Nokia call center

Like I said earlier, my 920 actually locks up while trying to connect to my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. I urge you to call the number above to report this issue.

erock150

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem with my Uconnect in my Dodge. I just finished deleted all stored contact numbers in the Uconnet phone book and now its working.

LoafAlot

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with a Lumina 920 and a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with UConnect. It worked perfectly with the Nokia Lumina 900, but the 920 fails to auto connect 9 out of 10 times. This is a serious problem because this is perhaps the single feature I rely on the most. I love the 920 but may switch back to the 900 until this is fixed.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
same issue here, almost makes me want to return this damn phone with the BT and battery issues together.

2012 Hyundai Veloster
-sometimes it reconnects and other times it doesn't.
-sometimes it disconnects and other times it doesn't.
-when it doesn't reconnect and i try to do it manually through the headunit it doesn't work, have to do it through the phone.

no problems whatsoever with my iPhones...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb