Cyan 920 & ATT Ordering Frustration!

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to order the Cyan 920 through AT&T's website but my order keeps getting cancelled! I've been to the local AT&T stores here in El Paso, TX and looked at the other colors just so I could find another color I like. The only one I found that I like other than the Cyan is the Black model because it's Matte but because I am paying the no commitment price I really want the color I want which is Cyan. So that means I can only get that color through online orders or a Microsoft store of which none are even close to me. AT&T Premier keeps canceling my order literally seconds after I place them and they can't give me a legitimate reason why. I think it is because my billing address doesn't match my shipping address and as a soldier I just use my Home of Record as my billing address because I move so often. Since that I've changed my billing address to a place I currently live and they still cancel my order! I've even tried to call Customer service and order over the phone but they're trying to charge me more than the phones actual price. Does anyone have some advice for me or is there maybe a helpful person who works for AT&T in the forum that can help me out?

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Can you go into a store? I was having a lot of trouble placing an order for a yellow one but when I went into an ATT store they were very helpful and it didn't take long.

TheBigJMoney

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just guessing here, but is it possible to set up a PO Box near you (UPS Store, etc) and have the phone shipped there?

As for AT&T customer service you have to recognize that their answers might change each time you talk to someone different. They have some of the most inconsistent customer service (in terms of knowledge) of any company I deal with. My advice: Keep asking to speak to a supervisor until you get someone who understands your situation.

madsedan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stores here in Dallas told me Cyan was order only, when I try to order it says the chargers are sold out, so I went into the store and really liked the gloss red so I got it and had the att guy take care of everything and the wireless charger.
I got 3 kids so I got to put a case or bumper on it anyway and the matte felt a little more slippery in my hand than the gloss.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just guessing here, but is it possible to set up a PO Box near you (UPS Store, etc) and have the phone shipped there?

As for AT&T customer service you have to recognize that their answers might change each time you talk to someone different. They have some of the most inconsistent customer service (in terms of knowledge) of any company I deal with. My advice: Keep asking to speak to a supervisor until you get someone who understands your situation.

Yes I have a UPS box that I get mail sent but Premiere website just will not accept any address for me it seems. I'll call again today and see what happens. Thanks

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you go into a store? I was having a lot of trouble placing an order for a yellow one but when I went into an ATT store they were very helpful and it didn't take long.

I probably will have to order through the store but they told me they wouldn't receive it for like 3-5 business days. Which honestly blows, I don't know why AT&T is being so difficult about my order...

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Order through Microsoft's website! I was going to order through them before I ordered with AT&T.

Also... that happened to me with the iPhone 5 orders. My plan had to be changed to one of the current plans and then the order wasn't cancelled. Luckily I was ordering on one of the lines I don't use, so the plan I chose, I didn't care about.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Order through Microsoft's website! I was going to order through them before I ordered with AT&T.

Also... that happened to me with the iPhone 5 orders. My plan had to be changed to one of the current plans and then the order wasn't cancelled. Luckily I was ordering on one of the lines I don't use, so the plan I chose, I didn't care about.

It looks like the Microsoft store is charging 50 bucks more.

gladesmellzgood

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the help gentlemen it seems that I called to complain one too many times and my case was sent to the AT&T escalation team. My order is currently processing and should be shipping soon! Thanks for all the help guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans