Display feels awesome but is it bright enough?

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
isn't the screen technology different between the 900 and 920? 900 uses AMOLED and 920 IPS correct? And AMOLED is known for being brighter right?

AMOLED's colors pop more, but they are not known for their brightness.

7VfC5.png

The brightest AMOLED display in this chart is the Nexus S with 371 nits.

The Nexus S' display is only WVGA, which lets more light pass through. For HD AMOLED, the S3 is the brightest at 277 nits.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This dude is inconsistent from the very start. Hard to believe anything he has to say from now on. I doubt he even have a 920. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you swapping your new faulty 900 for a 920. Perhaps you just got scammed into buying another 900, thinking that it's a 920. With your brain, this is very possible. No wonder you're complaining about the brightness problems and lousy overall camera. Shame on you.

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
i was just comparing both of my phones L900 n L920 side by side. L900 is way brighter.

For me the L920 display could be a touch brighter.

Why are you guys giving him such a hard time? I've seen it, too. It's not the end of the world. A 900 on high and a 920 on high, side-by-side. The 900 was brighter.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about that, but I've definitely seen the 920 beating the iPhone5 in terms of brightness. I forgot where I saw it.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is very, very bright at the highest settings. The 900 stays brighter when viewed at an angle, but when looking head-on I really can't see any difference.

What I appreciate a LOT when comparing it to my 900: It is much, much faster to adjust brightness as you go in and out of direct sunlight. My 900 would *eventually* look great in sunlight, but it sometimes took several seconds to brighten up, and I even had to turn it off/on sometimes when entering bright sunlight to get it to do so. (It also would take its sweet time to dim when going back into shade, but that bothered me less)

The 920, on the other hand, responds almost immediately and the difference, pardon the pun, is like night and day in terms of responsiveness and overall I prefer it. (In addition to all the other reasons I like the new display more...)

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My 920 is very, very bright at the highest settings. The 900 stays brighter when viewed at an angle, but when looking head-on I really can't see any difference....

Same here. I had to disable auto brightness and turn the brightness down to LOW. The 920 is too bright for me out of the box. My 900 is fine for me.

Now if I could just adjust contrast that would be huge. Blacks just don't look as good as the 900.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My God, you people are like children! My phone's brighter! No my phone is! NUH-UH! IS TOO!

If it's too dim OR bright, turn auto off and set it how you like.

As for which is brighter, factually, the 920 has a brighter display. Your eyes may perceive the colors differently, and you may prefer one over the other, but the quantitative light output is higher on the 920. It's called math. It never lies.

For what it's worth, I've got a 920 and 900 with me right now, and I find the auto-adjust sensor on the 920 to be much better... but I prefer setting them both to Medium. Best mix of brightness while preserving battery life, in my own usage.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My God, you people are like children! My phone's brighter! No my phone is! NUH-UH! IS TOO!

As for which is brighter, factually, the 920 has a brighter display. Your eyes may perceive the colors differently, and you may prefer one over the other, but the quantitative light output is higher on the 920. It's called math. It never lies.

For what it's worth, I've got a 920 and 900 with me right now, and I find the auto-adjust sensor on the 920 to be much better... but I prefer setting them both to Medium. Best mix of brightness while preserving battery life, in my own usage.

Some people are just trolling. Just ignore the OP.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

I agree, the 920 is brighter. While I was in the menus (to change the brightness) it looked like the white text of the 900 was brighter, but I opened up a blank (white) page in IE, and then it was obvious that the 920 had a brighter screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786