Call quality??? Please report.

blinknfg41

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am having the SAME problem. I went to 2 ATT stores and they both told me that it was the speaker that was blow. I have the Cyan (honestly, I was excited to get it but im glad this happened b/c im not really a fan) and they were going to charge a $35 restocking fee to give me black. Called ATT premiere and they are giving me a $50 credit to trade it out for a black.

UPDATE- Went in and got the Black one and everything works great. If your having this problem you should go to ATT and see what they can do.

Last edited:

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you're having issues with call quality, exchange the phone. This was an issue with some early 900s as well. My father had to exchange his twice before he got one with no buzz or echo... luck of the draw sometimes. Mine sounds absolutely clear as a bell, like a Nokia should.

cewrecks

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Day 2 with my 920, and 5 people I have talked to complained about not being able to hear me clearly, but when I call from sister's iPhone 5 there is no problem. I am going to have at&t give me another 920 today.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If there is a buzzing, I would say there is something wrong with your phone. Call quality is definitely not something I can complain about with this handset. While I wouldn't say my standards are sky high, there is definitely no distortion experienced on either my end or the other.

PhilipTyre

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The call quality was a noticeable upgrade for me. I agree with the others that it's landline clarity; no comments either way on the other end, but I've never had much trouble being understood on any of my phones, so it would be weird for people to comment. ;)

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm 99% sure this is caused by network problems not hardware. I returned two 900s because of poor call quality. The third started exhibiting the thing, so I gave up and decided to live with it. I notice the poor call quality comes and goes, even with full LTE bars. I don't think it's the phone itself.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an HTC Titan... It can only get better.
Really... so far (9 days) I did not notice any problems with the call quality, nor was I told that people cannot understand me.

freddywayne

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same issue with what seemed to be a blown speaker on my red Lumia 920 that I'd purchased at AT&T at launch on Nov 9. In addition to the buzzing & not being able to make out the words of the caller on the other end, my phone had extreme HEAT issues, only last 2 to 3 hours of charge from 99%, sporadic capacitive light indicators, battery discharge while at idle and speaker volume & screen would randomly reduce themselves. Well...to make a long story short, if anyone is having these issues, then you have a DEFECTIVE Lumia 920. Period! I returned my unit yesterday for an exchanged and it has been like night & day! Wow! What a difference a fully functional phone makes! After letting the battery drain & fully recharging, I surfed the web, non stop for 7 to 8 hours and had 32% battery life left before I went to bed. I woke up this morning and still had the remaining 32% left too. Also, no more heat issues either. I LOVE MY LUMIA 920 now!

jsntrenkler

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have great call quality. Sometimes it feels as if the speaker isn't loud enough (or maybe I am going deaf) but overall mine has been great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa