Call quality??? Please report.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The call quality on my 920 isn't very good. There is no static, but it's not clear. I sometimes don't understand what the person i'm talking to is saying.

It's so hard to explain how it sounds. Like a vibration. Like a "zzzz".

Like "Howz Arz Youz"

Please let me know if anyone else has this issue.

Last edited:

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Call quality seems to be improved on both ends over my previous LG flip phone. The people I've talked to have specifically mentioned that they can hear me a lot better with the new phone.

Gken

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually love the call quality of mine, again unless the tests are done over the same network, the call quality is going to vary from location to location because a lot of it depends on call connection and like hundreds of other factors.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I "temporarily" switched from N8 to Omnia 7 I got for free just to get used to WP before I get a 920 and wow, never in my life have people complained about not hearing and understanding me over the phone. I've always used Nokias, but empiric results show that 10 year old Nokias do better in call quality than Samsung Omnia 7 :D

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
i'm in boston w/ lots of lte from att. my calls sound like a landline. i've even had to spell a few things on the phone, and i didn't have to do the, "no, not d, t like table" thing.

Nightshde

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have to say the 920 has the best clarity out of any cell phone I've used in the past, I don't have to ask people to repeat what they said like I did on my Epic.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
In my bedroom, I get poor voice signal (but great LTE signal - I know everyone here is mentioning that they have LTE, but that is 100% irrelevant for voice calls, as they use the older network).

When making calls there, with my Lumia 900, I would lose words, because the sound would frequently cut out.

With my 920, I haven't had that issue at all so far.

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had fantastic call quality on my 920 so far. I've only made 2 or 3 calls so far, but I've been able to hear the other person wonderfully and they have been able to hear me great too. Definitely way better then my old phone.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Excellent call quality for me too... As others have mentioned it is actually at "landline quality" for me. If your phone consistently has a buzzing sound during calls then maybe you have a bad speaker.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I went into the ATT store and tested it on other 920 devices. They all sound pretty much the same.

It could be the higher the volume the worse it gets.

I just switched to ATT so it could be ATT. I remember I also hated Sprints call quality.

I guess I'm good which is a relief becuz my phone works perfectly.

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Coming from Galaxy Note. Call quality is IMPROVED, just like I remember in the old days with Nokia =). Haven't used a Nokia phone since 2001 (3210) and it is wonderful to be back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte