Rogers (Canada) officially launches today (12th) but no phones in store

aniederfahren

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I am trying to find a 920 today but it seems that none of the Rogers Plus stores have stock...at least the ones that I called. Funny as Rogers officially launched the phone today.

If you know of a store with stock let us know please.

Thanks

GregL2012

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeh! great job Rogers!!!

1 phone in Markville mall and 1 in Mississauga somewhere according to Rogers online CSR chat I had at 9...

Man.. I do wish someone would kick Rogers in the but and teach them how to launch a product!!!

KaraNari

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I am so disappointed that I don't even want to get the damn thing anymore. I called rogers today and asked when they will get it, the lady replied with the usual "I don't know" so I said (politely) "Oh, I thought it was supposed to be released today" and she said "Well, we don't usually get phones the same day they are released. Maybe this afternoon".

I just give up.

And this was in Manitoba btw.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Man, I didn't realize how lucky I was to get one on October 30th when they had the mini launch. I am thinking these were part of the developer give aways at the BUILD event.

Seems like my Rogers 920 hasn't had any issues like a lot of others after the US launch, maybe it was a better batch.

I wonder if this launch 920s are pentaband and unlocked as well?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Man, I didn't realize how lucky I was to get one on October 30th when they had the mini launch. I am thinking these were part of the developer give aways at the BUILD event.

Seems like my Rogers 920 hasn't had any issues like a lot of others after the US launch, maybe it was a better batch.

I wonder if this launch 920s are pentaband and unlocked as well?

Unlocked, I don't know, but pentaband it is. Their site already confirmed this.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this is Rogers' fault or Nokia's. Maybe they're sending out limited quantities again like they did with the L900 so they can label them as "sold out," trying to create some buzz and demand.

aniederfahren

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Got the info from Rogers after callling them several time to order the phone. Even today they told me it launched today.

It was also is a newspaper article.

ariganep

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Rogers is a joke...Why do they have release dates when you can't purchase the phone for atleast 2 weeks after the release date. Always the same thing...:mad:

Thryon

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I called every Rogers in my area and no one had any in stock. They blamed the holiday yesterday for the reason. They do expect some by Wednesday.

stressds

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... so my Rogers Reservation number went from 297 to in progress. So it looks like they are definitely shipping them to the stores today. Just a matter of time I suppose.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just chatted with Rogers Livechat Tech, and he *confirmed* that the phones will come locked BUT will be unlockable via Rogers.

[URL=http://s9.postimage.org/ss029cli3/Rogers.jpg]Click to view quoted image
[/url]

Do not believe anything from CS of carriers. If you ask them again, another person might said differently. Technically speaking, when you buy it outright, they have to unlock it for you. In the case of AT&T, they will, but not now because they still have 6 months to go for an exclusive and they don't want people to buy it outright just for the sake of using it in another carrier. However, in the case of Roger, it might be different. Someone said Roger only have 1 month to sell this, and then other carrier will have opportunity to carry on. The way he said there is a glitch is not possible. Either the phone already unlocked or it has been unlocked after the customer bought it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb