Right, this update that will come out......

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Will it just be a fix for the daylight issue or will it also fix the sharpness and blur issues?

I'm just not entirely sure whether this update will make much difference tbh.

Any predictions to when they will release this update?

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I could appreciate if you could stop trolling and complain about how badly your 920 suck. If you hated your 920 so badly, such as too low a brightness for your comfort, sucky camera, I suggest you switch to iPhone5 or SG3. You're a fruit/jelly lover, no?
If you were to use the search function or would spend time learning how to use your phone through the forums if it isn't already intuitive enough, there is a tweet by Nokia representatives saying that there will be an patch to the daylight "issues". They are only issues if one is to NITPICK them. That saying, we do not know of any specific dates. Because they didn't specify when. And if you ask my opinion for a rough estimate, I question your purpose. Does my opinion or the rest actually matter? If I said they would have the update ready by tomorrow and you would feel better and hush, ok, they're releasing the update tomorrow.

The reason why in picking on him is because he's constantly finding faults and trying so hard to put the 920 into a bad light, which really appalls me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
And if you're going to say I do not have a 920 and I should stfu, its just because I couldn't get hold of one. I've been reading the threads and following very closely to the updates of this forum and alike. About 90% of the world is still waiting to get their hands on one. And if you're in such dissatisfaction, there are a lot of people who are willing to pay for your phone. :)

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I could appreciate if you could stop trolling and complain about how badly your 920 suck. If you hated your 920 so badly, such as too low a brightness for your comfort, sucky camera, I suggest you switch to iPhone5 or SG3. You're a fruit/jelly lover, no?
If you were to use the search function or would spend time learning how to use your phone through the forums if it isn't already intuitive enough, there is a tweet by Nokia representatives saying that there will be an patch to the daylight "issues". They are only issues if one is to NITPICK them. That saying, we do not know of any specific dates. Because they didn't specify when. And if you ask my opinion for a rough estimate, I question your purpose. Does my opinion or the rest actually matter? If I said they would have the update ready by tomorrow and you would feel better and hush, ok, they're releasing the update tomorrow.

The reason why in picking on him is because he's constantly finding faults and trying so hard to put the 920 into a bad light, which really appalls me.

You should relax a little...I can understand how frustrated he is especially coming from more established platforms. I'm coming from iPhone for the last 5 years and I'm on my second defective Lumia 920, currently hoping to luck out on my THIRD to be a fault-less unit.

I believe with such a flagship and critical product, it is normal for expectations to be high, Nokia has a big role to fill and this some stuff needs to be ironed out.

Anyway you should be happy you haven't gotten a hold of one yet, to be honest being an early adopter since oct 30, and having both phones as lemons tells me the first batch is worth avoiding, my impatience bit me in the *** if you will.

Also I find it questionable practice that Nokia is taking this long to release a firmware update to address an issue of this magnitude. The camera is taking alot of flak in the media due to daylight issues, I don't know why they wouldn't hurry this fix along.

just my 2cents worth, peace =)

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If he paid for a product (especially unsubsidized), why would he not have a right to nitpick build quality, software quality, or simple QA?
I agree that speculating on a release date for an update is kind of pointless, but so what? Constantly finding faults is basically the only way products improve, or, barring that, consumers that don't drop $600 for launch day products will be able to make an educated decision with their more limited resources.

Saying the edge is too round to be held comfortably would be a weak complaint, since that's the physical design and you're not likely to change it. Soft daylight images, buzzing vibration, weak battery, these are all issues that, should they prove to be widespread, can and likely will be addressed.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You should relax a little...I can understand how frustrated he is especially coming from more established platforms. I'm coming from iPhone for the last 5 years and I'm on my second defective Lumia 920, currently hoping to luck out on my THIRD to be a fault-less unit.

I believe with such a flagship and critical product, it is normal for expectations to be high, Nokia has a big role to fill and this some stuff needs to be ironed out.

Anyway you should be happy you haven't gotten a hold of one yet, to be honest being an early adopter since oct 30, and having both phones as lemons tells me the first batch is worth avoiding, my impatience bit me in the *** if you will.

Also I find it questionable practice that Nokia is taking this long to release a firmware update to address an issue of this magnitude. The camera is taking alot of flak in the media due to daylight issues, I don't know why they wouldn't hurry this fix along.

Im thinking the phones were rushed out without fixing this problem with the cameras. They knew any longer of a delay would lose more interested buyers. I know if this phone did not come out until Jan 2013 I would not have purchased it.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I guess they are doing their testing and this takes time. You can't expect them to release an update that doesn't really solve the problem. This is one of the reasons why jellybeans is not even up in most of the android devices.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess they are doing their testing and this takes time. You can't expect them to release an update that doesn't really solve the problem. This is one of the reasons why jellybeans is not even up in most of the android devices.

their testing should have been done before the launch dont cha think? especially since thats all every commercial and review talked about is the camera and how great it is...?

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If he paid for a product (especially unsubsidized), why would he not have a right to nitpick build quality, software quality, or simple QA?
I agree that speculating on a release date for an update is kind of pointless, but so what? Constantly finding faults is basically the only way products improve, or, barring that, consumers that don't drop $600 for launch day products will be able to make an educated decision with their more limited resources.

Saying the edge is too round to be held comfortably would be a weak complaint, since that's the physical design and you're not likely to change it. Soft daylight images, buzzing vibration, weak battery, these are all issues that, should they prove to be widespread, can and likely will be addressed.

Yea, but I've seen many cases where daylight images taken by the 920 are sharp and crisp. I believe most of the time it's user problem.. The battery issues is because the Nokia drive is left in the background and location service is constantly draining the battery. As for the buzzing vibration, it has always been the case since the lumia 800. It's the vibration motors that they are using. It's pretty subjective if you'd ask me. Some love this because the vibration can be felt.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
their testing should have been done before the launch dont cha think? especially since thats all every commercial and review talked about is the camera and how great it is...?

Is their daylight pictures not already great? You should see how great some photos are taken by the 920. Using it actually needs a little bit of skill I guess :)

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea, but I've seen many cases where daylight images taken by the 920 are sharp and crisp. I believe most of the time it's user problem.. The battery issues is because the Nokia drive is left in the background and location service is constantly draining the battery. As for the buzzing vibration, it has always been the case since the lumia 800. It's the vibration motors that they are using. It's pretty subjective if you'd ask me. Some love this because the vibration can be felt.

Maybe the vibration is subjective. I personally think it's horrid and makes the phone feel like cheaply-made crap. Maybe, though, some units are faulty and, this being the internet, it's being diagnosed as "normal" by people that aren't hearing it (like the 'thud' was on my first unit). I'm not going to lose the 920 over it, but I'm disappointed because I know potential Android/iPhone converts will hear it and confirm their bias that WP is a joke.

Also, batteries: mine was unquestionably bad. 2-3% gain in a few hours, and never getting to 100%, whereas the new phone's charging is not at all noteworthy (meaning I don't have to give it any thought, meaning it 'just works').

Don't mistake consumer critique of a product for bashing. Someone willing to go spend a considerable amount of money for an unlocked phone on day 1 has every right to demand perfection. Not saying he's going to get it, or that maybe even some of his complaints aren't about 'features' as opposed to bugs, but still, owning a product does not *and should not) require you to have blinders on and have an inability to see flaws in that product.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Your 2 cents wasn't even worth half of that, sorry. There are some people that will find issues with phones/tablets no matter what, that's just the way it is. Want to see a bad batch of product? Take a look at the early Nexus 7's.

You see the trend: a new hot product comes out, and so do all of the negative forum posts. Notice how most of the negative posts are from users who just joined, and have 1 or two posts? It's not a coincidence.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Look the reason why im creating such a fuss is because i was so looking forward to showing off the L920 esp the camera but its been a bit of let down. I bought it from P4U and originally i was told it would be launching on the 2/11/12 and i was in the store every single day after this day to get my hands on this beast. The workers were sick of the sight of me.

I only had the L900 three months and we got screwed over by Nokia announcing WP8 which wouldn't be available for L900 but i did not once complain understanding the important of such a change.

So i go out and buy the L920 to be faced with the same old exaggerated BS by Nokia about how good camera is and 'THIS IS IT' BS. I HAVE A RIGHT BE ANNOYED.

I only have two issues with this phone:

1) the screen is a bit dull for my liking
2) the camera isn't the best and SGS3 blows it out of the water

The funny thing is the dude posting that im a troll etc doesn't even have this phone. Who's opinion would consumers that are still waiting for this phone value more mine or his?

Apart from that this phone is so forking quick.

keizka

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So, those pictures you promised so we could compare 920 and S3? Originals please.

EDIT: And especially those low light ones. Those where S3 blows 920 out of water.

Kissanviikset

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If someone claims that daytime photos look blurry, that is probably he/she have been looking skydrive photos. It causes photos look blurry and you need to open those photos in original size. Then those look crisp.

By the way, that cat photo looks fantastic

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If someone claims that daytime photos look blurry, that is probably he/she have been looking skydrive photos. It causes photos look blurry and you need to open those photos in original size. Then those look crisp.

By the way, that cat photo looks fantastic

mine still look blurry on my computer at full size. ive tried to steady the phone on a surface and they still come out looking blurry. night photos come out fine it seems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb