Nokia 920 Rooms Function not working

FiXxXeR520

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if this is Nokia specific, but my wife and I both have the Nokia 920, and our rooms function is not working. Displays a connection error. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Once my Wife's phone arrives and if there's an issue I'd be glad to report back. I left an empty medium sized tile space on my start screen just for our 'room' tile. :)

I'm hoping for a very good 'rooms' experience.

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I posted about this earlier, What I did was reset my wife's 820 and made sure and use an official Microsoft account. Not an imported one using another email. It worked after that.

Not sure if it was the reset or changing her Microsoft account, but you guys can try that and see.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, wife and I are having the same issue... Both of us used official MS accounts to sign in. I hope they release a fix... Don't want to reset the phones to see if it fixes it.

mas90guru

Oct 7, 2003
www.s-consult.com
Although MS claims you can invite iOS and Android users via SMS - I tried it this morning and the invitation requires you login with an MS account. Once done with the login the link goes exactly nowhere - dead ends on a white screen with some info about the room.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Until a true fix is released by MS, here is a workaround that may work...

Scroll to JayFrank's post...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...78c-abcb-5a8df62f453d?page=6&tm=1354082486246

Basically, you need to make sure the contact you are trying to join to the group has their Microsoft account email as their primary email address. The way I got it working was to unlink my wife's accounts, invite the contact with her Microsoft account, then relink all of her accounts once she was joined.

Note 1: you may need to unlink your accounts on the phone you are inviting (I didn't have to)

Note 2: you may need to log into your SkyDrive, open the notes and sync it manually. I had to when testing, but it may/should just work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos