Has anyone seen a Lumia 920 in Public yet?

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So I went to see Skyfall earlier this week (which sucked by the way), and I was about 20min early so, like everyone else, I decided to take out my phone and waste some time. Well I look bellow me (I'm sitting near the top of an IMAX theater thats packed) and all I see is a sea of iPhones, there must have been at least 150 people using their iPhones. Looking over that array of static icons and glossy gradient clad menus I yearned for something different, I yearned for something colorful and exciting. I felt sad all of the sudden, sad that we have reached a point where, at least in regards to technology, everything feels the same. What happened to individuality? I'd love to sit looking down over that theater and see a menagerie of colorful tiles and phones, a red lumia here, a blue 8S their. I'd love to see people with phones tailored to them, I'm tired of this mediocrity, this melancholy of uniformity. I want Windows Phone!

/end rant

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
A coworker of mine, without any collaboration from me, bought a Lumia 920 on opening day just like me. So there's 2 of us about 10 feet apart with colorful bricks.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.. i kinda like the idea of having the lesser known/lesser used device. I miss when Nokia used to make luxury phones like the 8890 or the Luna. Now those felt like classy solid devices. All metal and glass.

Now we have toys like the 920 and HTC 8x. all plastic. nothing luxury about them

So I went to see Skyfall earlier this week (which sucked by the way), and I was about 20min early so, like everyone else, I decided to take out my phone and waste some time. Well I look bellow me (I'm sitting near the top of an IMAX theater thats packed) and all I see is a sea of iPhones, there must have been at least 150 people using their iPhones. Looking over that array of static icons and glossy gradient clad menus I yearned for something different, I yearned for something colorful and exciting. I felt sad all of the sudden, sad that we have reached a point where, at least in regards to technology, everything feels the same. What happened to individuality? I'd love to sit looking down over that theater and see a menagerie of colorful tiles and phones, a red lumia here, a blue 8S their. I'd love to see people with phones tailored to them, I'm tired of this mediocrity, this melancholy of uniformity. I want Windows Phone!

/end rant

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
well Nokia can do that. But they are describing Windows phone. nothing else and Wp is colourful. that is what people describe windows phones

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I live in Modesto, CA and have yet to see one, or any Windows Phone for that matter, out and about :(

I did see a few red 920's the other day when I was in San Francisco though.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
LOL; youd think just the opposite since many retailers have 0 supply of the Lumia on hand or near 0 at this point... Pretty cool tho to be different and not see yet another iphone/easily recognizabe android device.

changodigital

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not yet, hoping to convert current iPhone friends to windows, specially when they see how gorgeous the red looks in person. Though my co worker has a Lumia 900.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Saw one while waiting for an oil change at Lester Glenn in Toms River, NJ. Actually that was my first Windows Phone sighting ever. I guess that's proof that I am not the only one.

dtiapril

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've seen 3; my own, my partner's and my friend. I thought I saw one at work the other day but it turned out to be a Lumia 900. Quite a few of the folk I work with have 800 and 900 phones but I think they just liked the look of them as mentioning Windows OS just results in blank expressions.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use the "Outsider" app (formerly known as "...I'm a WP7"? There is a section where you can view other nearby WP users who have installed the app. I used to see some 6-7 users then starting summer they all disappeared. I'm the only one now. Haven't seen any new ones yet

But back to the movies...one time before the start of a movie, amid a sea of iphone and even flip phones screens, I saw a single WP7 screen with its Live Tiles just standing out. I wanted to come over and greet the girl and compliment her on taste.

mikewp

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.. i kinda like the idea of having the lesser known/lesser used device. I miss when Nokia used to make luxury phones like the 8890 or the Luna. Now those felt like classy solid devices. All metal and glass.

Now we have toys like the 920 and HTC 8x. all plastic. nothing luxury about them

give it some time and let them get back on their feet. Man they used to come out with some wild (and fairly useless, but "fun") designs..why? because they could. lol

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
only other one I see is my wife's. Colleagues at work with their iPhones are mocking me and I just have to walk away from the discussion: "That phone is Huuuge!" and their iPhone is thinner and lighter.....Can't stand it.

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually saw 3 phones. The first 920 I saw when I went to my Math class. I was surprised to see the guy in front of my table had the 920 in red that he placed on the table. It is beautiful, but I really don't like red color on phone :eek:rly: Then just today, I went to the mall and saw the Microsoft kios. They had 2 920, one in white and one in yellow. Just hold it a few minutes. It is really gorgeous phone and it is really big, bigger than my HD7. The one in white had high contrast mode on though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel