How was the activation process for you guys?

I'm on a family plan with the grandfathered unlimited data and I'm a little hesitant to activate it myself when it comes tomorrow as I don't want to lose that data.

At the same time I feel like the morons at the store have an equal or greater chance of screwing things up.

Thanks
    11-12-2012 12:43 PM
    Tell them that you do not want to lose your unlimited and that it should go to the LTE version of the unlimited. Simple. For me, I like doing it with friends I know at AT&T so I know they're not putting me on a plan that I shouldn't be going on.
    11-12-2012 12:45 PM
    What about doing it myself? I'd like to avoid having to go to the store.

Was the process pretty straightforward?
    11-12-2012 12:47 PM
    Chances are good that they mess it up. They did 2 of the 4 times I did. But one call and it was all handled. I wouldn't sweat it.
    11-12-2012 12:48 PM
    I have unlimited data and they transferred me no problem when I upgraded - unfortunately they also thought that they were going to cram $6.99 and $3.99 of insurance on my bill which I just noticed because AT&T sent an email to welcome me to the insurance.

Typically I have to call AT&T after any of these store upgrades because they all seem to delight in adding things that you did not order.
    11-12-2012 12:49 PM
    Has anyone activated themselves directly on the phone?

How was it?
    11-12-2012 12:54 PM
    I called before activating my phone to verify I still had my unlimited data plan. Then I used the automated system to activate my phone. It seems it removed my unlimited data plan. AT&T is supposed to correct it this week... We shall see.
    11-12-2012 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD