Nokia Lumia 920 drop test! [VIDEO]

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The quality of this device's construction is as-advertised. Can't imagine how many pieces we'd be cleaning up if this were an iPhone...

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jv7xlKak74[/YT]

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In the video it seems like the white color has come off a bit where it got impacted and scuffed up at the bottom and sides of the device. Doesnt look too good.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
In the video it seems like the white color has come off a bit where it got impacted and scuffed up at the bottom and sides of the device. Doesnt look too good.

It's kind of misleading though. Anything non-white on the damaged part of the white phone is just stuff picked up from the ground. The colors are solid through, so underneath the white color is more white color. If that made any sense. :)

Had the person doing the dropped test tried to wipe off the phone after the drop it would have turned out pure white again.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Better yet, if he did the test with a black one, you'd think it was invincible. People still somehow find fault, even if they can't find a sturdier Samsung or iPhone if their lives depended on it.

DungMasterFang

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

The white colour doesn't come off, it's just black dirt

"Something to note, a majority of the scratches along the left side wiped off, so it actually looks better now than it did at the end of the video."

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's kind of misleading though. Anything non-white on the damaged part of the white phone is just stuff picked up from the ground. The colors are solid through, so underneath the white color is more white color. If that made any sense. :)

Had the person doing the dropped test tried to wipe off the phone after the drop it would have turned out pure white again.

I know exactly what you mean, i am currently rocking the forerunner of the Lumia series phones, the Nokia N9. :cool:

Still waiting on my L920 to ship though:straight:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a matter of angles, not simply screen down. I don't think anyone is claiming the Lumia 920 (and N9, 800, and 900 before it) is invincible, just that it's built better than the competition. Having owned (and occasionally dropped) my N9, L800, and L900 (without a case), I can attest.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a matter of angles, not simply screen down. I don't think anyone is claiming the Lumia 920 (and N9, 800, and 900 before it) is invincible, just that it's built better than the competition. Having owned (and occasionally dropped) all of the devices mentioned (without a case), I can attest.

This is why drop tests aren't really a good way of measuring a devices ability to resist damage. The angles can never be replicated, one phone might land on the unluckiest corner and the next phone lands on the best possible place.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This is why drop tests aren't really a good way of measuring a devices ability to resist damage. The angles can never be replicated, one phone might land on the unluckiest corner and the next phone lands on the best possible place.

But they're a good indicator of which devices are more prone to damage. iPhones for instance are notorious for their flimsiness. That reputation doesn't come from no where.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
But they're a good indicator of which devices are more prone to damage. iPhones for instance are notorious for their flimsiness. That reputation doesn't come from no where.

I don't think they are flimsy, that is not a reputation I am aware of. I think it all depends on how much you search for these problems. You can always find faults when you look for them.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt I'm the only one that's aware of their reputation. In fact I'm sure I'm not. That's why it's almost a given that any iPhone user keeps their phone in a case.

The built-in casing surrounding the phone plays a significant role in protecting the glass. The quality of Nokia's polycarbonate shell is unquestionably head-and-shoulders better than what Apple puts in the iPhone. There's a reason several reviewers say they feel they're holding a quality handset when they pick up the Lumia 800, 900, and 920. I've never heard a review praising the build-quality of the iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre