Any Issues Connecting to Enterprise WiFi?

Porterhaus

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had success getting the 920 to join an enterprise wifi network? I had the HTC Surround Windows 7 phone and was able to connect to my work wifi with no issues however, I picked up the new 920 on Saturday and I cannot get the device to connect to our Wifi network. Our network requires EAP-FAST and WPA2-Enterprise for the Wifi but I see no way to select these on the phone. I am simply asked for my user ID and password with no ability to select the encryption method or select my domain.

tuanfat

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The same to me. I can't connect to the wifi at school. And the tech support at my school told me that they can't do any thing. So disappointed since I live on campus. Nokia and MS have to find the way to solve this problem now!

jholl016

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
What error message are you getting?

Try rebooting the phone and see if you can connect to the enterprise WiFi. That's what I have to do every day with my Lumia 920. WiFi on wp8 seems to be very buggy.

vishnusreenath

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
When i try to connect to corporate wifi , after entering the credentials, it says cant sign in. But it easily connects using iphone and android !!!
Any idea how to debug this?

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My Focus was working perfectly fine with my work wifi but my 920 is not. MS definitely broke something with PEAP and other enterprise WiFi connectivity. I don't know who to complain to or how to resolve it. It just says "Could not find the network" after the credentials.

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had success getting the 920 to join an enterprise wifi network? I had the HTC Surround Windows 7 phone and was able to connect to my work wifi with no issues however, I picked up the new 920 on Saturday and I cannot get the device to connect to our Wifi network. Our network requires EAP-FAST and WPA2-Enterprise for the Wifi but I see no way to select these on the phone. I am simply asked for my user ID and password with no ability to select the encryption method or select my domain.

The 920 (and WP8 by extension) has some major issues re Ent WiFi.

WPA2-Ent is hit and miss and also it doesn't seem to like hidden networks.

I have logged both issues with Nokia but haven't heard anything for the last couple of months (I am an early adopter).

Since Portico things have improved but in some ent. configurations it just won't connect.

My business manages multiple wireless sites with a variety of configurations and in some sites the 920 simply won't work.

I have a godphone and a S3 and both connect to all sites without any problem.

It seems to me that the 920 is a consumer phone with enterprise use not in the minds of the designers.

Edit: grammar and spelling

lionel007

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I also had problems connecting to WPA2 enterprise networks, untill a few days ago. I received a few updates for Nokia apps including Network+ After installing these updates I am now able to connect to WPA2 Enterprise networks.

Sascha Heissler

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 920 / WP8 does currently not support EAP-T/TLS (which is the most commonly used , but only a part of WPA2-Enterprise, aside from EAP-SIM, -FAST, PEAP and LEAP). This has been confirmed by Microsoft.
I could connect to my lab network using EAP-PEAP (Chapv2) without any problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)