Words with Friends on 920

jposthauer

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Is garbage...spaz's out and crashes randomly all the time. What a crappy *** port as fast as you can get something out. Limited settings and UI is clunky and doesn't go with Win Phone 8.

What a waste of money.

Reactions: DaveGx

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Same applies to Draw Something, which is even worse. These apps should be pulled in my opinion. Luckily for me, I am able to use the free version w/ Nokia, but no one should have to pay for such crap. The apps should be pulled until they are fixed.

Its even worse that they just threw these apps together quickly, with clearly not much testing or a give a crap, and put them out there just to have them out there. They are both so frustrating to play, I gave up.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The charge versions are no ads. But yeah, the free ones are nokia only. And it does lock up occasionally...actually only thing that has locked my phone up...

ejmdds

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in another thread. I think that WWF was the main cause for my phone lockups and horrid battery life. Much improved after I uninstalled it. I just dont think it was optimized yet to run on a different platform. used to work best on IOS and somewhat buggy on Android, but worthless on WP8 in my opinion.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree. WWF on WP is a FAIL! It's laggy, and worst of all, it looks like an iOS app.

Get Wordfeud instead. It's much, much better in my opinion.

sabotagebx

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is garbage...spaz's out and crashes randomly all the time. What a crappy *** port as fast as you can get something out. Limited settings and UI is clunky and doesn't go with Win Phone 8.

What a waste of money.

there is a free version of it. why waste money on something when you can try the free version first?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Interesting note, my brother has an iPhone 4, and he says words with friends has been having problems since the update for the i5. So it may not just be WP8 having problems.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting note, my brother has an iPhone 4, and he says words with friends has been having problems since the update for the i5. So it may not just be WP8 having problems.

I can confirm that WWF 5.4 version is bad even on my iPhone4. This latest version has some messed up games list and is slow too.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Not only does it crash all the time, it froze my 920 and I can't even power the damn phone off! I guess I'm going to have to wait until the friggin battery dies!

benski

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Not only does it crash all the time, it froze my 920 and I can't even power the damn phone off! I guess I'm going to have to wait until the friggin battery dies!

Hold the volume key and power button at the same time, that'll perform a soft reset. I've had to do that with my wwf lockups.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3