mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any success tryign to send/receive images over NFC between Android and Lumia 920?

I tried to test it out with my sister (she has a Galaxy S3) and when she tried to send me something it didn't work, it would make random beeps but nothing would happen. When I tried to send her a picture she just got a long string of random characters on her phone. Hoping this was some glitchy weird thing and not commonplace

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried with a Co-worker sending him a picture and he received windows.com/sd. I haven't really tried any other testing with it.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
IIRC from reading a review you can't transfer certain media types (yet) between different OS's. I believe it's just contacts for now.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
IIRC from reading a review you can't transfer certain media types (yet) between different OS's. I believe it's just contacts for now.
Contacts, web pages you have opened, and... maybe one other thing... you can transfer via NFC between OS's.

If you want to share media such as pictures and media with Android phones, you'll have to use Bluetooth file sharing... I really hope that one day NFC media sharing will be possible regardless of device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa