WIFI Reception is Amazing!

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone 4, I would use the Remote app to control iTunes over WIFI and the iTunes music feeds all over the house, outside and in the garage which is a large metal building away from the house. Reception was poor in the metal garage.

I found an app that does the same thing on the 920. With the 920 I can go all over the metal building, even on the other side of it, or even 150' from the house and it still works. Either the WIFI reception is more than double that of the iPhone, or it's somehow going over cellular and the public internet which I doubt.

89caps

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
With my iPhone 4, I would use the Remote app to control iTunes over WIFI and the iTunes music feeds all over the house, outside and in the garage which is a large metal building away from the house. Reception was poor in the metal garage.

I found an app that does the same thing on the 920. With the 920 I can go all over the metal building, even on the other side of it, or even 150' from the house and it still works. Either the WIFI reception is more than double that of the iPhone, or it's somehow going over cellular and the public internet which I doubt.
That's great! What is the app called?

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it? I have to laugh as I'm driving down the road and the Nokia pops up almost non stop "Wifi network available! Wifi network available! Wifi network available!"

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Didn't Nokia use the same wifi technology in the surface that was supposed to make the wifi connection super solid? That would explain the difference.

The Nexus 10 uses something called MIMO technology, I think the surface and L920 use it too for a super strong connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo