Call volume - Really low

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Cyan 920 today, and am loving it. Well after At&t canceled my data and messaging and I spent two hours getting that resolved and another hour later getting a voicemail box provisioned by at&t. The only issues I'm having are the volume when on a phone call. Even turned up all the way its really low. My old phone was much louder (Iphone 4), I found myself pressing the phone into my ear to hear the conversation. It was a little loud where I was but still. The speakerphone and music seem fine. Secondly my battery went from 53% to 0 in 2 hours. But it was the first charge so I'll wait to see about that.

Is everyones phone quite during phone calls, or is mine defective?

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought this might be an isolated problem with the Lumia 800, but it seems the low call volume still exist. Bummer. My previous phone on half volume is much louder than my Lumia 800 on full volume.

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the call volume was pretty low as well when using the headset. I haven't tried to see how it is with earphones as the mic from my iPhone earbuds don't work with it but I would imagine that it would be better with the earphones. Also, can't check it now since I returned it (my 14 day period was up today and without confirmation or matching from the MS store on the headphones, I just went ahead and returned it).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I thought this might be an isolated problem with the Lumia 800, but it seems the low call volume still exist. Bummer. My previous phone on half volume is much louder than my Lumia 800 on full volume.
I haven't tried a Lumia 920. However, my Lumia 900 has the loudest handset speaker volume of any phone I've owned. I have the volume on mine set at 1 when I'm talking on the phone. Otherwise, I'd get my ear blasted.

F15 Ranger

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
i had a iphone 4s before my lumia 920 and it seems ok. I also noticed on the first charge that came with the phone went fast. Give a night plugged in and it was fine for me

WalkerHall

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing. The speaker phone is great, as loud as you could want, but the normal ear speaker seems very quiet to me. (Compared, also, to the iphone 4 I am coming from.) Either it is not as bad I thought or I have gotten used to it in the 2 weeks I have had the phone as I don't notice it as being too quiet anymore.
My first couple of battery charges seemed to go pretty quick as well. Now having no problems getting through a full day on a charge, even with heavy usage. I found this guide on the Nokia site that really made a difference with the battery usage:

Nokia Lumia 920 Troubleshooting - Nokia - USA life&comp=nokiatroubleshootingcontent&action=faqSearch&topic=Power%20%26%20charging&subtopic=Battery%20life

Most surprised at how little difference selecting low on the screen brightness (leaving auto enabled afterwards) made to the viewability (word?) of the screen, but how much better the battery usage was. Will only use medium or high in bright sunlight going forward.

Overall I have to say I love the 920.

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried a Lumia 920. However, my Lumia 900 has the loudest handset speaker volume of any phone I've owned. I have the volume on mine set at 1 when I'm talking on the phone. Otherwise, I'd get my ear blasted.

I'm guessing that a lot of the low volume is down to the really tiny slit on the lumia 800. Well, its kinda a bummer. Never tried a lumia 900 before though.
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the group!

I have a CYAN 920 and compared to my old cyan 900 the volume is lower. I still have the 900 so I can do a side-by-side test playing the same music file and can tell the difference.

Even on my ride I home I talked to my family members using the speaker and the change is noticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6