Do you leave wifi/gps on all day?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
from what I've gathered, neither of these should have huge impacts on battery life because:

1. wifi shuts off when you lock the screen

2. gps in general uses minimal battery life

are these assumptions correct?

jd195

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been using wifi all day unless im at home, since I don't have access to WiFi at work and dont really trust public wifi too much. Like you, I also leave GPS on all the time and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Wifi uses less battery than when on cellular data.
That's been true in my experiences on my current phone. There's an app in the marketplace to keep wifi alive, that could help with battery life. I'm gonna test it out when I get my Lumia 810 on Wednesday

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
That's been true in my experiences on my current phone. There's an app in the marketplace to keep wifi alive, that could help with battery life. I'm gonna test it out when I get my Lumia 810 on Wednesday

Dont bother with it as it's hit and miss. The best solution is the iHeartRadio app. Google it and you'll find out.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Dont bother with it as it's hit and miss. The best solution is the iHeartRadio app. Google it and you'll find out.
Really? Been reading good things about the "Keep Alive" app. Thanks for the heads up, though. I use iHeartRadio all the time - excellent!

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
For most of my day, Wifi is on, either at home or at school.
Leave my GPS on too.

Can't really speak on battery life yet since this is my first day using the phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett