Wireless charger bought off contract in ATT store.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a black Lumia 920 from an ATT store in Tucson, AZ. I bought it off contract and am on my mom's plan so I only pay ~$36/month. When purchasing, I asked the store rep about the wireless charger and was told that they don't have any plans to get the charging plates in stock so in order to get my free one I would have to call customer care. I called customer care (a ridiculous fiasco in itself because the guy said he didn't know Nokia still made phones and then asked if they were owned by Motorola). So the guy asks me which store I bought it from and puts me on hold. He comes back and says that its not an ATT promotion its a store promotion and that I need to go back into the store to get the charger. So at this point I call the store and talk to the manager who says that its ATT wide (of course it is, I knew this already) and to call customer care. So I guess my question is did anyone else buy in store off contract and if so did you get your charging plate or at least get it ordered? Because this seems a little ridiculous to me.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Was told it was only with a contract and did not receive one.:straight:
This is what I have heard multiple times myself. I have not read of a single person buying the phone off contract (AT&T) and getting the charger. My recommendation is to call Nokia Care. They should know what promotions are available, and if you are eligible for them.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just call customer service and tell them that "free wireless charger" applies to all 920 purchases, not just contract.

windocks96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I called at&t customer care and the store i got the phone and nada
they suck but w/e got the phone for 484 without a contract and im happy with it
though i would have liked a free wireless charger

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to take a look if I could see anything official from AT&T regarding the charging plate. Unfortunately, I found very little, though I did find one article. It actually makes no mention, anywhere, of this thing being required to be purchased on contract. In fact, the word contract is completely missing from said article.

Some key points from the article:
Special AT&T Promo Offers Free Wireless Charging Plate With Purchase of a Nokia Lumia 920
For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate – free of charge – with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Again, this is on AT&T's official site and makes no mention of any off contract exclusion. For those who want to try and fight this, I suggest using the article as "evidence". At the end of the day though, as mentioned before, I haven't heard of anyone having success. Who knows, you could be the first! :)

kebnt

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had no luck trying with reps in the AT&T store. It does look like you can buy it from the website off contract and then get a charger. I was also on the phone with the e-store and they said I would be able to get the charger even ordering off contract.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased online preorder off contract at full price. I did not see the option to get charger during checkout. I later got an email from ATT ecom stating wireless charger would be shipped separately. This was on 11/13. Called couple of days later and CSR said I would receive a mail in rebate after they said it was only for on contract purchases and an argument. Never received rebate. Called today and spoke with someone who actually knew what was going on. A first for me with ATT. Explained situation to her and after about 15 min on hold I had an order confirmation in the color of my choice. I didn't really want to deal with ATT on this, but Nokia's free charger rebate wouldn't take my IMEI # which is for ATT. I assume ATT customers have to get their charger through ATT unless somebody has had any luck through Nokia??? If you can't get it through Nokia, I would call ATT and throw a s***fit until they give you a charger. ATT doesn't know their head from their a** and I wouldn't put it past them to pull some crap like this to save a few bucks. If your IMEI # doesn't work on the Nokia free charger site, that means ATT is the only way to get charger and I would keep going up the chain until you talk to someone who will give it up. Sometimes you have to be a prick to get what is yours.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my lumia at full price and I got a charger with it (yes i paid for it). I had a choice of all the colors of course.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I purchased online preorder off contract at full price. I did not see the option to get charger during checkout. I later got an email from ATT ecom stating wireless charger would be shipped separately. This was on 11/13. Called couple of days later and CSR said I would receive a mail in rebate after they said it was only for on contract purchases and an argument. Never received rebate. Called today and spoke with someone who actually knew what was going on. A first for me with ATT. Explained situation to her and after about 15 min on hold I had an order confirmation in the color of my choice. I didn't really want to deal with ATT on this, but Nokia's free charger rebate wouldn't take my IMEI # which is for ATT. I assume ATT customers have to get their charger through ATT unless somebody has had any luck through Nokia??? If you can't get it through Nokia, I would call ATT and throw a s***fit until they give you a charger. ATT doesn't know their head from their a** and I wouldn't put it past them to pull some crap like this to save a few bucks. If your IMEI # doesn't work on the Nokia free charger site, that means ATT is the only way to get charger and I would keep going up the chain until you talk to someone who will give it up. Sometimes you have to be a prick to get what is yours.

the free charger Nokia site is for the UK only...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon