11-21-2012 06:12 AM
51 123
tools
    Please go return your Lumia 920. I am having trouble buying one :). Black, Cyan, and Gray are matte, while Red, White, and Yellow are glossy.
    Last edited by nraudigy2; 11-20-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    11-20-2012 05:52 PM
    I'm suprised you can't get the citrix receiver app for WP8.
    11-20-2012 06:34 PM
    I just wish it would correct my mistakes more often. When it works, it seems to be more accurate than iOS, but then there are times when it doesn't even try. Seems like it constantly breaks my typing rhythm. That is one of the things that I could get used to eventually, though. Coming from 4.5 years of iOS, I've built a familiarity with the iPhone keyboard. I feel way less productive on the 920 because of that.
    The autocorrect improves as you use it. Day 1 is dodgy, but as you build your dictionary and usage it gets better each day. Yesterday I completely mashed this word 'ultrasound' that was completely unrecognizable, but the phone gave the correct suggestion because I had typed it several times before.
    11-20-2012 06:42 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, the Lumia 920 does not come in glossy black.
    11-20-2012 06:43 PM
    FYI - Citrix receiver is coming very soon, it's in preview right now.
    socialcarpet and mrgstiffler like this.
    11-20-2012 06:49 PM
    Well at least you didn't go to Android.

Sorry to hear the phone didn't meet your expectations. I have a hunch you will be back to Windows Phone sooner or later though. We'll leave the light on for ya.
    robinleck likes this.
    11-20-2012 06:59 PM
    Reading through this thread is funny.

OP didn't end up getting the iPhone, but people still responding like he did.

And even if he did, I would hope that we could respect others' opinions. All three of the main ecosystems have their strong points.
    11-20-2012 07:01 PM
    FYI - Citrix receiver is coming very soon, it's in preview right now.
    That's good to know. We're implementing mid-late January. Sounds like it should be available then.
    Well at least you didn't go to Android.

Sorry to hear the phone didn't meet your expectations. I have a hunch you will be back to Windows Phone sooner or later though. We'll leave the light on for ya.
    Check my recent reply. I exchanged the phone for another and have had a much better experience. :lol:
    11-20-2012 07:02 PM
    Reading through this thread is funny.

OP didn't end up getting the iPhone, but people still responding like he did.

And even if he did, I would hope that we could respect others' opinions. All three of the main ecosystems have their strong points.
    Whoops! LOL

We'll I said he'd be back.... it was just sooner than I'd expected. :D
    11-20-2012 07:03 PM
    iOS is just Android for dumb people who are easily confused want less functionality.
    11-20-2012 07:48 PM
    I'm thinking about buying a new Lumia 920. and now i really get distracted :mad:. i love the phone but not the os. F@#k ME RIGHT? There are a lot of bug awaiting for microsoft to fix. maybe i gotta give it a try. or i'll just stay on android
    11-20-2012 07:48 PM
    phing, if you are uncertain I would hold off awhile. Honestly, all three big OS's (iOS, Android, WP8) are probably perfect in the eyes of the right person. If you really like Android, why jump? And if you wait a bit you may see some friends with WP8 and get the chance to explore it more. To me it is the best phone OS i Have used. But my wife and kids like iPhone, much as I hate to admit it...
    11-20-2012 07:52 PM
    @mrgstiffler - You mentioned you are implementing in January. What are you implementing, some type of VDI solution? Are you a mobile device admin, Citrix admin, both?
    11-20-2012 07:55 PM
    @mrgstiffler - You mentioned you are implementing in January. What are you implementing, some type of VDI solution? Are you a mobile device admin, Citrix admin, both?
    XenServer/Desktop/App. Getting a couple UCS blade chassis, 12 M3 blades and a NetApp sized to match. My official Citrix training starts sometime next month.
    11-20-2012 07:58 PM
    I always feel free to not do something, but I still do it because I can.

stiffler, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and take back my troll comment, but be aware there have been quite a few troll posts on these boards and you may want to consider what you want to accomplish with a post. If I went in the iPhone forum and posted 'Decided to return my iPhone 5 for a Lumia 920' I would probably get ripped up and down.
    11-20-2012 07:59 PM
    As far as battery issue, i don't have this. When i first got the phone, i signed on and activate. Went in and hard reset and start signed in again. Check my battery status.
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20121117_0002.jpg  
    11-20-2012 08:18 PM
    I dunno .. Maybe its just me but I find the iPhone 5 to be a pretty boring smartphone. It was kind of exciting for the first 3-4 days.. but I ran back to my 808/Symbian pretty quickly after that. Now it just sits in a drawer..

Maybe its because I've always been more impressed with the hardware side more so than with the software.. or in other words I need to be able to practically apply the hardware in my day to day activities, otherwise it doesn't make sense to me. The iphone 5 has impressive CPU/GPU specs.. but that does nothing for me on a daily basis. Yes.. I can play amazing games on it... great, but what else ? I can't find anything.

With the 920... typical for Nokia, there is A LOT of practical hardware that comes along. You can use the screen with gloves, the sound recording doesn't brake down when you are recording at a concert... you can be jumping around and recording at the same time and the video will stay relatively stable... that kind of thing is what gets me.. not ppi and whatever other benchmarks everyone talks about lately.

Also once you use Windows Phone .. its really hard to go back to the old icon based UX, it kind of feels like a step backwards. We've been dealing with the desktop like UX for over 15 years.. its time for something new.
    Last edited by vlad0; 11-20-2012 at 08:33 PM.
    11-20-2012 08:21 PM
    Thread cleaned- This is a warning to all of y'all, no more posts like the ones I deleted or else the thread will be closed again and infractions will be handed out.
    11-20-2012 08:29 PM
    Please go return your Lumia 920. I am having trouble buying one :). Black, Cyan, and Gray are matte, while Red, White, and Yellow are glossy.
    AT&T? They ordered my replacement for me no problem. Wait was only 2 days.
    11-20-2012 08:30 PM
    Thread cleaned- This is a warning to all of y'all, no more posts like the ones I deleted or else the thread will be closed again and infractions will be handed out.
    You missed mine :D
    11-20-2012 08:34 PM
    iOS is just Android for dumb people who are easily confused want less functionality.
    And Android is the uglier version iOS.
    11-20-2012 10:58 PM
    Surprising the replies some people have posted here. The OP actually posted what he didn't like and most of the were valid reasons. Not everyone is going to be in love with WP8, and sure there's a learning curve if you've never used it before, and if you're not willing to go through that, then get another phone.

I mean, the OP eventually gave WP8 a second chance. So people, get a life seriously. Some of you calling him an iPhone fanboy and bashing him, well you know what that just makes you look like a WP8 fanboy.

I am still waiting for the Lumia 920 to launch in my country, hopefully I don't get one with major battery issues as they don't replace electronic goods here so easily like they do in the US.
    11-21-2012 12:43 AM
    Yeah the wireless disconnect thing is very very annoying, I didn't have to wait for it like in WP7 why would they change it in WP8? I chewed through 200mbs in a day accidently because I didn't know it disconnected from wifi and I was on lte. Went to At&t and they obviously knew about it and eliminated the data used.
    11-21-2012 01:13 AM
    No it isn't. It is for people who want a quality phone with consistent design. Android is just a big free for all and there's no decent styleguide that anyone conforms to. It's okay if you're a geek who loves tinkering, but as a device you can just pick up and use the iPhone is better. It also has a very good camera. One of the best scores so far (I'm hoping the 920 comes out top, but they've not tested it yet):

Apple iPhone 5 Camera Review: Connect
    11-21-2012 04:05 AM
    No it isn't. It is for people who want a quality phone with consistent design. Android is just a big free for all and there's no decent styleguide that anyone conforms to. It's okay if you're a geek who loves tinkering, but as a device you can just pick up and use the iPhone is better. It also has a very good camera. One of the best scores so far (I'm hoping the 920 comes out top, but they've not tested it yet):

Apple iPhone 5 Camera Review: Connect
    Wpcentral needs to run its own test using released products. http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...a-920-pureview
    11-21-2012 04:24 AM
51 123