My Biggest concern with the 920

qyk1010101

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, i've been reading through the comments by many users and am particularly concerned by one thing: battery life.

I have been planning to ge the N920 by the end of the year but reports of some users' battery lasting only 4 hours worries me.. especially since nokia drive is blamed for the battery drain.

Assuming I use nokia drive for about 45 mins per day, 2 hours of talk time, 2 hours of browsing + casual gaming here and there, will the phone be able to last me at least 16 hours?

sorry for this super specific question but hope someone can help answer thanks!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I can tell you yesterday I make about 20 calls on Bluetooth over about a 2 hour period then listened to a podcast for 1 hour. I then listened to music for 6 hours straight all using a Bluetooth device. The music was streaming music from my skydrive. I am still deciding what I want on my phone so I haven't downloaded all my music yet. Browser the forum off and on all day a bunch of times reading posts and making comments. I sent several emails. At the end of the day 12 hours later I was still at around 40%.

OldDogSparky

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If Dave's post isn't convincing enough, I will say that the battery needs to be "broken in" before you see its full potential. After the first full discharge and recharge, the battery lasted twice as long (full day). Now that it's been 4 days, I had 80% after a full day of normal usage (admittedly moderate usage).

The same thing was true for the heat issue I experienced on day 1. It had me really worried, but I haven't experienced it again. So a lot of the messages from the weekend may have been some of the day 1 experiences.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery was horrible the first day, but after setting everything up how I want it and not constantly turning the screen on I can say the battery has been good. It's lasting a little longer than my SGS II did, doing similar tasks. Actually I get more accomplished since I can upload to skydrive/share with social networks/check People Hub/etc. With doing all that, browsing the web, checking email, watching metrotube, and playing words with friends, I get 16-24 hours a day.

JOHNGAETANO

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There are no battery issues. I just traded in my iPhone 5, and can tell you the 920 has a better battery. Before the iPhone I had the Galaxy SIII, Galaxy Note, and every other phone ever made. Other than the Galaxy Note, the 920's battery is better!!

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Honest,

I think that what was happening was that everyone expects 48 hour battery life out of the box, before even the first charge.

These need to cycle a couple times before even the software can even give you an estimated time left on a battery.

Also - We're all honeymooning. Tinkering with setting, checking it every 3 seconds. Testing the camera... This is not typical usage.

-Even with heavy use though, over the weekend... I was still getting pretty good battery life.

Now that I am back to work, and settling with my 920.. battery life seems to be great. I'm about 2.5 hours off the charger right now and still at 97%....Normally by now on my 900 or other Android devices.. there would be a pretty hefty chunk out of my battery. Probably down to almost 80%.

The 920 is no Razr Maxx, but it's going to last you thoughout the day.

I think most of us are just drama queens.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I was a little worried this morning as at 100% battery, my 920 said it had '10 hours' left of power. What was interesting is that when I check it right now it is at 95% and says that it has '1 day, 6 hours' left remaining. Weird.

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I was a little worried this morning as at 100% battery, my 920 said it had '10 hours' left of power. What was interesting is that when I check it right now it is at 95% and says that it has '1 day, 6 hours' left remaining. Weird.

Like I said.. the software is still calibrating it's averages.. I am sure.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure too. Though, my wife made a funny comment about it - "Seems normal to me, the less battery you have, the longer it will last! Makes perfect sense! Awesome feature!"

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this is my concern as well. I have never been happy with my Lumia 900's performance and I get pretty suspect when the forums start lighting up with the same issue which tells me it may be a Nokia issue. But knowing me I will probably jump in and come back and complain about it later :p

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Try killing Nokia drive when you're not using it. Many posters have said that its one of the main reason why their batteries are dying so fast; Nokia drive is sucking quite a bit of battery juice. :/ I hope they fix this. After all, it's still in beta :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Do a little fine tuning as far as what runs in the background and be sensible and you'll be just fine. I also expect we will see updates to this brand new OS soon which will improve battery life among other things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99