Who still waiting for their L920? 11/13/2012

win_splash

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I guess, they didn't expect the demands for Lumia 920's
That is the only thing I can think of as well, I can't imagine that their ordering system is always this messed up. I caved in and decided to get white L920 at the local at&t store instead of trooping to the Microsoft store that's more than an hour away from home just to get the cyan. I really hope Microsoft, Nokia, and the heads of AT&T realize what a messed launch this was. I don't get how the main color Nokia was promoting (yellow) is not available anywhere. Talk about teasing.

Reid Ponce

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my black 920 on the 13th and will be receiving it tomorrow. I feel kinda bad considering how long everyone has waited. But I am thoroughly excited. After 6 years on an iPhone i am making a pretty big change.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my black 920 on the 13th and will be receiving it tomorrow. I feel kinda bad considering how long everyone has waited. But I am thoroughly excited. After 6 years on an iPhone i am making a pretty big change.
My guess is right then since you just ordered yours and you already getting yours. I guess their shipment has arrived.

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My guess is right then since you just ordered yours and you already getting yours. I guess their shipment has arrived.

Blacks have never been backordered. They are in the least demand, as evidenced by the fact that all the AT&T stores have them. Yellow and cyan are the ones facing significant shipping delays and that remains true.

Kyle Blank

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really want my Cyan!!!

They should have been read with the Yellow and Cyan. Yellow because they used it everywhere in the campaign. Cyan because a lot of people fell in love with it for the 900.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That is the only thing I can think of as well, I can't imagine that their ordering system is always this messed up. I caved in and decided to get white L920 at the local at&t store instead of trooping to the Microsoft store that's more than an hour away from home just to get the cyan. I really hope Microsoft, Nokia, and the heads of AT&T realize what a messed launch this was. I don't get how the main color Nokia was promoting (yellow) is not available anywhere. Talk about teasing.
My wife is getting the white one as soon as her iFruit contract expire next month.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I really want my Cyan!!!

They should have been read with the Yellow and Cyan. Yellow because they used it everywhere in the campaign. Cyan because a lot of people fell in love with it for the 900.
I still love my L900 Cyan. :) I want red one this time around.

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you are allowing yourself to excuse AT&T too much here. Yes things out of their control have happened, such as the tractor trailer accident, and they may have under estimated demand, but their order process is broken, their site works only half the time for me on a win 8 PC, and their order status is vague and leaves too many questions after seeing it. Example - my status says "Status: Attention" with no explanation. What does attention mean? Does this mean there is a problem with my order? They have no legend or other information available as to what the status means. No estimate on shipping, no information on if a phone is back ordered. Want me to keep going?

EDIT: Oh and when I try to login to my account see my order status the system still has no record of the order - this is after I had to place a second order because the first never netted me a confirmation email or it showing up in the system after 24 hours. At least on the second order, I at least got a confirmation email with it.

damon312

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you are allowing yourself to excuse AT&T too much here. Yes things out of their control have happened, such as the tractor trailer accident, and they may have under estimated demand, but their order process is broken, their site works only half the time for me on a win 8 PC, and their order status is vague and leaves too many questions after seeing it. Example - my status says "Status: Attention" with no explanation. What does attention mean? Does this mean there is a problem with my order? They have no legend or other information available as to what the status means. No estimate on shipping, no information on if a phone is back ordered. Want me to keep going?

EDIT: Oh and when I try to login to my account see my order status the system still has no record of the order - this is after I had to place a second order because the first never netted me a confirmation email or it showing up in the system after 24 hours. At least on the second order, I at least got a confirmation email with it.
right there with you! I upgraded today to the red L920 and it was 'suppossedly' in stock with only the yellow showing in backordered status. Like you, I checked my status and it read 'attention'. What does that even mean. I was on the phone with them and the rep couldnt find the order and transferred me to another dept. They had the order details but then tell me the Red is completely out of stock with no ETA on when it will arrive. I just said in another thread that I had ordered mine today 11/15 and did not get notified until I called in to verify the status of the order that the red is not even in stock. Talk about unreliable. I agree, their website is horrendous in terms of accuracy.:mad::mad::mad:

potahov

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
They had the order details but then tell me the Red is completely out of stock with no ETA on when it will arrive
Ordered red today on the website after AT&T cancelled my order for yellow one yesterday due to their system glitch and got it shipped today, overnight delivery for tomorrow. Ordered at about 9AM PST and got tracking number at 8PM, fantastic

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Talk about confusing...when I look at my order status on my Lumia 900, I am directed to a different page with a different status than the desktop website order status page - https://www.wireless.att.com/busine...grade/index.m.jsp?orderId=ENTER-ORDER-ID-HERE. On the desktop site it tells me my status is "Attention", and on the mobile version, which the site is called "iPhone Upgrade" it says it is pending. Either way, there really isn't a lot of information on either.

barracuda1187

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 11/09, listed as processing since then. Talked to them yesterday and got them to drop the upgrade fee, but ZERO info on availability. Like everyone else here, their CS department doesn't have squat for info.

Just checked and the hold on my card disappeared this morning. Don't know if that's just a timeout or if it means the order is about to get cancelled.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Wife just got her Red Lumia 920 in the mail. I briefly played with it and it's pretty fast device. She also tested the wireless charging with and energizer qi charger I had for old blackberries from yester year. So far it has preformed well and she likes the size of it. The weight is a total non factor as it weighs just like other phones so the crap about weight is so totally overblown and is just something the for blogs to get clicks on. Can't tell you more as it is her baby and I won't be messing with it unless she has problems.

Last edited:

Aviator72

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ordered two in Cyan 6 hours apart on November 13th. Still "processing" on the web site. Called AT&T (very nice lady named Elizabeth) who said she'd call me back today with status. She called in less than an hour (great and not the norm for AT&T) to say no one had any idea when they'd get more in stock to ship and AT&T had "not expected" the high demand for the 920. :mad:

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 11/09, listed as processing since then. Talked to them yesterday and got them to drop the upgrade fee, but ZERO info on availability. Like everyone else here, their CS department doesn't have squat for info.

Just checked and the hold on my card disappeared this morning. Don't know if that's just a timeout or if it means the order is about to get cancelled.

my hold disappeared this morning as well. ordered 11/12. i'm guessing it just timed out, but i could be wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)