01-16-2013 08:51 PM
97 ... 234
tools
    if some one wants any info about the nokia lumia 920 phone itself or the box info it cam with feel free to ask.by the way why the **** those cell phone unlock . net ppl have that thing saying guaranteed unlock and still they can,t unlock.....or they just trying steal customer information or what?
    11-18-2012 06:12 AM
    hi,i went to Microsoft store at yorkdale just to buy this phone,stood in line for 3 hours,store opned bought the phone nokia lumia 920 is locked to rogers and about the date its made by 44th week of 2012 thas what it says next to IMEI , I am with windmobile and bought this phone to use it with windmobile.micro soft charged me 525+tax and $99for 2 year accidental damage insurance that covers 2 time replacement of the hand set in case of damage.(any kinda damage),phone came with a rogers sim card in a pacakage and now all this headache to go thru rogers any help? what I should do with this need new micro sim card from windmobile or I should get it cut the current one to micro sim and tell my friend who is with rogers to call for me and I will pay him cash the $50 the roger gona rob me for.....or I should return the who thing and buy a some other phone from wind on their tab some thing like Samsung galaxy note 2, cuz my htc sensation 4g from t mobile I had it with windmobile is water damaged and I have no phone to use now and this unlock code is not there to get that easy,cellphone unlock.net says they do unlock the nokia lumia 920 from rogers for $15 but some one here at this website told us that they could not unlock his nokia lumia 920 ....sooo much headache.....( and btw the microsfot store lists the nokia lumia 920 for $599 then price matched with rogers price and $25 for a coupon card they gave me for being in the line up)

No offence, but, you don't expect people to read this and attempt to actually comprehend it do you?
    11-18-2012 08:42 AM
    if some one wants any info about the nokia lumia 920 phone itself or the box info it cam with feel free to ask.by the way why the **** those cell phone unlock . net ppl have that thing saying guaranteed unlock and still they can,t unlock.....or they just trying steal customer information or what?
    Probably.. There are so many scam places out there right now.. It's infuriating!
    11-18-2012 08:47 AM
    OK so I thought I would share my experience here.
    I bought a 920 from a Rogers retailer in Metrotown Burnaby,BC last night.
    It boots with a Rogers splash screen and says Nokia 920.3 RM - 820 Rogers on the box
    The outright price was 599.99CAD + 12% HST= 671.99CAD
    I went home and phoned Rogers who after some back and forth put me through to the retentions team.
    They agreed that the unlock would be possible as I had bought the handset outright and that the unlock fee would be 50CAD+HST
    However they advised that they do not have any method of taking payment for the unlock other than charging an account. They advised the easiest way to do this would be to buy a prepay sim and top up 60CAD
    I then went back to the Rogers shop to buy a prepay sim and was charged
    95CAD + 12% HST=106.40CAD
    10CAD for SIM
    25CAD for Activation
    60CAD for Topup
    I then trekked back home and got back through the Rogers phone system to get to the retentions team who did the unlock there and then on the phone.
    Total cost including tax
    778.39 CAD

Now just need to work out if the software can be changed to stock so that I am not dependent on Rogers for software updates.
    That's what I had to do and after all that time and money I may still return the phone. I'm not sure all this effort was worth it as internet sharing and MMS doesn't seem to work with Bell.
    11-18-2012 12:42 PM
    can somebody in Canada buy me a Rogers Nokia Lumia 920 and have it unlocked? I'm in the US and want to use the unlocked Rogers with T-Mobile. and want the phone badly!
    11-18-2012 04:35 PM
    Some guys on XDA mentioned that they only paid 549 for the device from the MS store in Yorkdale. They were told by cellunlocker.net that they should check back in a few weeks to see if they get the unlock codes then.
    11-18-2012 08:53 PM
    Some guys on XDA mentioned that they only paid 549 for the device from the MS store in Yorkdale. They were told by cellunlocker.net that they should check back in a few weeks to see if they get the unlock codes then.
    yep, that's what my local unlocker said as well it'll take a couple weeks for the phones to be put in the database and then you'll be able to use the online sites. Anyone that is looking go unlock it should wait as the method to do it with Rogers isn't worth the time and effort.
    11-18-2012 08:57 PM
    Internet sharing and MMS does work on bell, you need to set it yourself in the phone setting using the step bell provide you on bell.ca/compability thats what i did and it work for me. reply back if you need help i can tell you exactly how to set it up.
    Back Forty McKay likes this.
    11-18-2012 10:19 PM
    They only have black in Canada I'm waiting on unlocked yellow, but my mom and aunt got black from rogers and its a tough decision as I'm liking the matte black ALOT too but want yellow I think...
    I can grab one easily for you down here and ship it if you want to work something out...
    Message me if you can through the site so I dont need to post the email if you do want to settle on black!
    11-19-2012 03:31 AM
    I got this confirmation. Rogers will only unlock your phone for 50$ if you've bought it contract-free (month-by-month). This means that if you got it with a contract (ex: hardware upgrade, new customer...), you will NOT be able to unlock the phone as long as the contract is valid.

In other words, if you plan on buying a Lumia or HTC from another person (eBay, Craigslist...) in order to use with another carrier, make sure the original buyer bought it contract-free. Otherwise, Rogers won't unlock it.

This might change if 3rd party unlockers get unlock codes, but there is no confirmation of this yet, to my knowledge.
    11-20-2012 11:32 AM
    Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking Has unlock codes for the Rogers 920s (at least they did for my IMEI). I JUST ordered mine but haven't received it yet, so I can't say for sure if it will even work or anything.
    Last edited by SimpsOFF; 11-22-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added info
    11-22-2012 02:42 PM
    I would love to know your settings FatBruno, I can send and recieve mms txt and pictures, but I cannot start ICS.
    I had Rogers unlock it, and am on the Bell network now.
    11-22-2012 02:43 PM
    Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking Has unlock codes for the Rogers 920s (at least they did for my IMEI). I JUST ordered mine but haven't received it yet, so I can't say for sure if it will even work or anything.

Cellunlocker may be your best option, but they don't have all the IMEI's in their database. They couldn't find mine (45/2012 week build), but they've been able to find a few from the 44/2012 build week. Hopefully yours is from 44/2012 and they can generate a code for you.

In my case, I was asked to wait ta week and try again.
    11-22-2012 02:47 PM
    anyone got theirs unlocked using non-rogers service?
    11-24-2012 10:29 PM
    i did. using wind
    11-25-2012 02:37 AM
    A friend of mine's wife is using it on Sasktel. They unlocked in store using the instructions wpcentral posted. (using a PayGo account, etc) He commented that the MMS issue has been solved by including UI for separate APN settings.
    11-25-2012 04:26 PM
    Is it black only at the MS Store in Canada too?
    11-25-2012 04:27 PM
    Is it black only at the MS Store in Canada too?
    Yes. They're selling the Rogers version as well.
    11-25-2012 04:40 PM
    Yes. They're selling the Rogers version as well.
    God the 920 launch and selection here sucks.
    11-25-2012 05:05 PM
    God the 920 launch and selection here sucks.
    Indeed. I am surprised that we did not get Lumia 820 in Canada.
    11-26-2012 04:20 AM
    I still could not get my hands on a Rogers Lumia 920.
    12-02-2012 08:21 AM
    You guys should just go to Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking. Got my Lumia unlock code in 1 day.
    01-16-2013 08:51 PM
97 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD