Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?

FatBruno

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought it in NB yesterday and it was locked, had to pay 50$ to Rogers for the unlock code witch i don't mind.

My question tho is if i factory reset the phone, will it lock it back?

wp7USER

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
So I called in to Rogers and they wont unlock my phone since it was an upgrade. If I had get it off contract then yeah I would have been successful in my endeavors. Anywho just waiting to see if anyone gets their phone unlock from one of these unlocking websites.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Rogers charges 50 bucks to unlock the phone, cellunlocker.net charges like 15 bucks. Unless you need it right away, I'd wait for cellunlocker to get the codes

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I did some hunting today around Square One, Mississauga. None of the Rogers stores had the Nokia Lumia 920. They told me that it was out of stock and come back on Monday to check the stock.

I will be heading to the Microsoft Store in Yorkdale Mall to see the phone collection on next week.

Brad_34

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As for the Rogers logo on the phone, i can confirm there is no branding there. The only indication is the Rogers splash screen on boot-up, but other than that, it's clean. Rogers app can also be uninstalled.

I was able to get my hands on one in east of Oshawa - every other location in my work area had no stock, so sometimes it pays to live out of the city lol.

So far so good... love the phone! Being a Rogers customer, i have no need to unlock, but will see if i can snag someones sim to test another carrier. I'm curious if the Microsoft Store version will be locked to Rogers or not. I think it will be due to the fact that MS is technically a reseller of the device, but who knows. If anyone is able to confirm later, please post your findings!

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Not that it's a deal breaker, just curious if the Rogers version includes headsets. the lack of branding and original nokia box seems to suggest it is more like the international version than ATT's.

If I cant upgrade with ATT, I will get the rogers one from a family's upgrade eligibility.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Not that it's a deal breaker, just curious if the Rogers version includes headsets. the lack of branding and original nokia box seems to suggest it is more like the international version than ATT's.

If I cant upgrade with ATT, I will get the rogers one from a family's upgrade eligibility.
Yes it comes with wh-208
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

amitkr123

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just to clear a bit of confusion here ... Rogers and Fido are same company so if the phone is locked to Rogers, it will also work with FIDO. Same applies to any other phone including iPHONE. Fido SIM working on Lumia DOES NOT mean it is unlocked.

Similarly TELUS and KODOO are same ... BELL, VIRGIN and SOLO are same.

IF the Lumia from Rogers works with TELUS, BELL, VIRGIN, KODOO or SOLO, then you can say for sure that phone is unlocked.

amitkr123

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to Rogers store yesterday at Yonge Street, and the guy said I can pay 550 $+tax and get the phone outright without any plan. After that call the Rogers customer care and they will provide the unlock code for 50 $.

o1legacygt

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I figured I would add this. I am in the US, but looking to purchase from Rogers locked or unlocked. After some conversations with Roger's customer care, there is now a manufacture (nokia) requirement. An individual must have an active account with Rogers in order to unlock the phone. This is apparently so people in my position who want a pentaband phone, but dont want to buy ATT locked with firmware limiting the T-mobile band; "cant".

Kind of some sad news. So all one can hope in the US is that after 6 months nokia will provide a pentaband phone factory unlocked. Otherwise we are stuck using AT&T's network.

take care

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get this successfully unlocked with a website as I tried 2 and they couldn't do it? I tried getting it unlocked in person at two Rogers stores and they wouldn't do it because they said it would void the warranty. Do you have to call them?

mv740

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is. I have called them myself. Just be sure that the one that sold you the phone,has at least put it in the system, because mine didn't and i need to send them the receipt by fax...

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is. I have called them myself. Just be sure that the one that sold you the phone,has at least put it in the system, because mine didn't and i need to send them the receipt by fax...
Are you serious? I bought mine from a Best Buy mobile store so hopefully they did it because this is becoming a real hassle trying to get this thing unlocked.

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Are you serious? I bought mine from a Best Buy mobile store so hopefully they did it. This thing is becoming a hassle to get unlocked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss