Rogers Lumia 920 (Second Batch) - Locked or Unlocked?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Some guys on XDA mentioned that they only paid 549 for the device from the MS store in Yorkdale. They were told by cellunlocker.net that they should check back in a few weeks to see if they get the unlock codes then.

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Some guys on XDA mentioned that they only paid 549 for the device from the MS store in Yorkdale. They were told by cellunlocker.net that they should check back in a few weeks to see if they get the unlock codes then.

yep, that's what my local unlocker said as well it'll take a couple weeks for the phones to be put in the database and then you'll be able to use the online sites. Anyone that is looking go unlock it should wait as the method to do it with Rogers isn't worth the time and effort.

FatBruno

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Internet sharing and MMS does work on bell, you need to set it yourself in the phone setting using the step bell provide you on bell.ca/compability thats what i did and it work for me. reply back if you need help i can tell you exactly how to set it up.

Eddie Stanbrough

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They only have black in Canada I'm waiting on unlocked yellow, but my mom and aunt got black from rogers and its a tough decision as I'm liking the matte black ALOT too but want yellow I think...
I can grab one easily for you down here and ship it if you want to work something out...
Message me if you can through the site so I dont need to post the email if you do want to settle on black!

alchung4

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I got this confirmation. Rogers will only unlock your phone for 50$ if you've bought it contract-free (month-by-month). This means that if you got it with a contract (ex: hardware upgrade, new customer...), you will NOT be able to unlock the phone as long as the contract is valid.

In other words, if you plan on buying a Lumia or HTC from another person (eBay, Craigslist...) in order to use with another carrier, make sure the original buyer bought it contract-free. Otherwise, Rogers won't unlock it.

This might change if 3rd party unlockers get unlock codes, but there is no confirmation of this yet, to my knowledge.

Back Forty McKay

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I would love to know your settings FatBruno, I can send and recieve mms txt and pictures, but I cannot start ICS.
I had Rogers unlock it, and am on the Bell network now.

rajeshr68

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Cellunlocker.net - #1 Unlock Codes for Network Cell Phone Unlocking Has unlock codes for the Rogers 920s (at least they did for my IMEI). I JUST ordered mine but haven't received it yet, so I can't say for sure if it will even work or anything.

Cellunlocker may be your best option, but they don't have all the IMEI's in their database. They couldn't find mine (45/2012 week build), but they've been able to find a few from the 44/2012 build week. Hopefully yours is from 44/2012 and they can generate a code for you.

In my case, I was asked to wait ta week and try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium