Seeking tracks/videos on Music player?

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to seek forward songs or videos in the music player? If you press and hold the 'next' button, track fast-forwards, but no way to drag and place where I want to start listening?

collapsd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thiss^^

How do you leave out such a simple, yet necessary feature?! Seek!!
I can't figure it out for the life of me. All I can do is track forward/backward and pause.

Tweakbunny

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if you're still having trouble with this, but in the Xbox music player you can press and hold the forward button and it'll fast forward through you're current track.

ShridharM

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The seek functionality is available in WP8 (not sure about WP7).
1) Start playing any song or video
2) Long press the Fast Forward/Backward button until you reach your desired playing time.

Note : This is possible only from inside music player (music + videos -> music)
and not from lock screen by pressing volume button.

ally42

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Not having a seek bar button is driving me bloody mad. Especially when I play videos from the browser/skydrive. I can't go backward or forward. if I miss something, I have to reload the video all over again and wait for it to reach the missed moment. So pratical and useful. *shakes fist*

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not having a seek bar button is driving me bloody mad. Especially when I play videos from the browser/skydrive. I can't go backward or forward. if I miss something, I have to reload the video all over again and wait for it to reach the missed moment. So pratical and useful. *shakes fist*

I have to agree whole heartedly here. I know that windows phone does not support this function but c'mon already. This is a feature which should be implemented asap. Not Everyone wants to hold a fast forward button all the time.......

Ramy Abol Fetoh

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to seek fwd/bckwd from the seek bar not by pressing and holding FWD button .. coz I play long duration tracks (1 hour) and I am not supposed to press and hold it till i reach for example 30:00 , its so boring .. any suggested apps instead of xbox music + videos ,or any updates for this app ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac