AT&T LTE Speed Test

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am on the AT&T network. I am using Speed Test (myspeedtest.mobi) app to test my LTE speeds. I am a bit confused. I see the download value as 1313 Kb/s and Upload value as 18307 Kb/s. Please check the attachment. Is this supposed to be other way around?

Also it seems the speeds are not upto LTE levels. When I tested on iPhone 5, I see download (downlink) and upload (uplink) speeds above 25 Mb/s.

I am curious to know the following.
1) What is the best to test LTE speed on WP8?
2) When tested with another AT&T LTE phone (like AT&T iPhone 5), are the speeds same?

Thanks.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
That does seem weird. I just installed the same app and ran the test with Wi-Fi turned off and connected to LTE

I got 5833 kb/s download and 13536 kb/s upload.

Also, right in the middle of the test I received a txt message. :)

On my 2nd try of the test I got this: 7388 kb/s download and 15595 kb/s upload.

After that I tried a test using the app called "Quick Bandwidth Test" and got the following results:

17558mbps/Download and 5260mbps/Upload

itsnavsub

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks @landsharkk for testing. It seems Speed Test App is reporting download speed as upload speed and vice versa. I installed Quick Bandwidth Test App. The download results seem better 18.33 Mbps and upload is 4.35 Mbps. Unfortunately there is no way to know which server we are connecting for the test and where that server is. It appears the test server is not in the same city and hence relatively reduced speed results.

Speedtest.net app for iOS/Android allows to select the server for testing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss