How are your glossy 920s doing?

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks you all. I think i will just order a yellow 920 :D

Now should I order it from ATT website? Is it hassel free? Will I get the yellow wireless charging plate?

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I swapped out my matte black for the glossy red. Haven't looked back yet, love that it stands out and looks so bad ***. Get what you want though, or get the red and get a clear case for it. It normally gets cleaned when you pull it out of your pocket from rubbing on your pocket lining.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had another 920 to take a picture of my 920... I literally CAN'T get a fingerprint or smudge to show up on the display unless I like my finger and press really hard.

As for the back... I can smudge it pretty well, but you have to be in direct light at an angle to really see it, and it wipes away VERY easily.

Bottom line... not an issue.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
To call myself out, I'm a 130lb, red-haired white guy with skin problems. My hands are oily and I have no fingerprint issues with my red lumia 920. It's far better than my samsung focus.

In fact, maybe I'll make a youtube video about this showing off both phones.

EDIT: Actually that's exactly what I'm going to do. Getting my video camera out now. :) If I had a 2nd lumia 920 I'd record it with the lumia 920.

Here's my fingerprint smudge test. I compared the Nokia Lumia 920 with the Samsung Focus.

Nokia Lumia 920 and Samsung Focus fingerprint and smudge test - YouTube

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bw4TfdewwY&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Kelly Prophet

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence between a glossy yellow and a matte black. I am scared that the glossy will be a fingerprint magnet. So is it? Does it smudge easily? Please advice me as to which to get.
I have the glossy red and my wife has the glossy white. I like the finish.

I didn't want matte - largely just because of the color - but also because when I see the finish I think of my keyboard. Where the keys have texture and over time they wear smooth in spots. To me I'd envision a matte phone wearing smooth spots much like a keyboard.

As far as grip and things of that nature - I guess there are some folks with real sweaty palms out there - 'cause I have no issues maintaining a solid grip on my phone.

Just sayin'!

That's just me, obviously other opinions differ.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro