Hey Duvi, 920 SOS

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Duvi,

My 920 is heating up pretty badly. I've been on the hook with att for 35 mins and I'm having a really rough time understanding why I can't be sent a new Lumia 920 and sending the one I was sent back.

They said they could send a refurb model, but my phone has only been used for about two hours. Is there any way around this?

I'm being super mellow with them and not playing my hand that I'm frustrated. Any tips??

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Duvi,

My 920 is heating up pretty badly. I've been on the hook with att for 35 mins and I'm having a really rough time understanding why I can't be sent a new Lumia 920 and sending the one I was sent back.

They said they could send a refurb model, but my phone has only been used for about two hours. Is there any way around this?

I'm being super mellow with them and not playing my hand that I'm frustrated. Any tips??

First of all don't back down from them, you spent your money and should not be given a refurbished phone. This phone hasn't been out long enough for there to be even be a stock of refurbished phones for them to send out. So they are talking BS.

Take your receipt and go to the AT&T store and insist that they exchange that phone for you or quite simply give you a refund and bring back your account to what it was before you got the phone ( if you had upgraded to get it). Do that and you will see how fast they will exchange the phone for you.

I have learnt over a period of time you have to be ruthless with AT&T to get results. Dude you spent your hard earned money on the phone, don't take no for an answer.

If you they give you any problems, ask for a manager and don't take it when they tell you its company policy, demand to see in writing what they are saying. Don't let them brown nose you. :cool:

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
You have 14 days to exchange your phone for a new one, and do so as many times as you need to get it right. Who exactly (or which department) is telling you that you need to get a refurb?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I actually doubt they send you a refurbished phone. The phone hasn't been out long enough for them to have refurbished phones available.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
You have 14 days to exchange your phone for a new one, and do so as many times as you need to get it right. Who exactly (or which department) is telling you that you need to get a refurb?

This. They have had that policy for a long time so there shouldn't an issue if you take it in the store. It's hard to get results when you can't look at someone eye to eye..

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
The stores don't have cyan, but I'm thinking black may be the color I choose. Might like it more.

I will try to exchange it tomorrow and see how it goes. Although, finally hding the 8X, wow, the design/feel is amazing.

But, the screen is definitely not as good as the 920 and half the memory at twice the price is a tough sell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss