New batch of Rogers Lumia 920 factory unlocked?

dula714

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I am wondering if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s are factory unlocked and support penta band?

I am with Fido right now and I cannot change my service provider as I am in a contract. Therefore, I would like to know if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s will work on Fido without unlocking?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks,

I am wondering if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s are factory unlocked and support penta band?

I am with Fido right now and I cannot change my service provider as I am in a contract. Therefore, I would like to know if the new batch of Rogers Lumia 920s will work on Fido without unlocking?

Latest reports here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=202587
Please search before posting.

kathybee

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I am sure about Rogers Lumia 920 is factory unlocked or not... if it is not unlocked your Fido sim will not work on Rogers Lumia 920... before using you have to get it unlocked from either your network carrier or any online service provider... when I had to unlock my mobile I was not successful with network provider so I approached MobileUnlockolutions.com to get my mobile unlocked... if you wish you can also try wit them to get your Lumia 920 unlocked...

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am sure about Rogers Lumia 920 is factory unlocked or not... if it is not unlocked your Fido sim will not work on Rogers Lumia 920... before using you have to get it unlocked from either your network carrier or any online service provider... when I had to unlock my mobile I was not successful with network provider so I approached MobileUnlockolutions.com to get my mobile unlocked... if you wish you can also try wit them to get your Lumia 920 unlocked...

That's incorrect because Rogers and Fido are a bit different in that Rogers owns Fido. A Lumia 920 from Rogers will work on Fido's network out of the box, no need to unlock.

I can be sure because I own the Rogers Lumia 920 and have used it on Fido (my old provider). Now, I'm with Virgin Mobile after unlocking my phone.

There are other reports on various forums reporting the same.

Btw, this is a very old topic, from Nov/2012.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills