Going to exchange another 920 tomorrow (3rd time)

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
first time (dent out of box)
second time (http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/202482.htm#post1755263)
third time (dead pixel)

25kk9vq.jpg

e6byub.jpg

8zhanp.jpg

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Good luck, boss. The chase for the perfect phone has been the end of me in the past. I've had a couple of lucky pulls (my 2nd iphone 4 and first 3g) but have seen so many hardware defects in my day.

This round I will settle on a lumia 920 with backlight bleed in the bottom left bezel in hopes everything else is fine. (it does have that crazy rattle but I dont mind if they're all like that. same with incredibly yellow backlight on touch panel buttons).

Dead/stuck pixels are my least favorite. Just typing that makes me scared to jinx myself and then find one later when I turn on the screen and look at a full colored screen. In any case, I am sending legitimate good vibes your way. You deserve to be happy.

EG8196

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Good luck, boss. The chase for the perfect phone has been the end of me in the past. I've had a couple of lucky pulls (my 2nd iphone 4 and first 3g) but have seen so many hardware defects in my day.

This round I will settle on a lumia 920 with backlight bleed in the bottom left bezel in hopes everything else is fine. (it does have that crazy rattle but I dont mind if they're all like that. same with incredibly yellow backlight on touch panel buttons).

Dead/stuck pixels are my least favorite. Just typing that makes me scared to jinx myself and then find one later when I turn on the screen and look at a full colored screen. In any case, I am sending legitimate good vibes your way. You deserve to be happy.

light bleeding is not a big deal for me, but dead pixel is........
The dead pixel (red) is very obvious.....

mattgrif

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I find it interesting how many problems people are having. I am on my first, no scratches on glossy red, no battery problems, no dead pixels, no light bleeding. I wish you luck though.

Update: I have minor scratches on my screen, they showed up middle of last week and I tried cleaning the screen multiple times and they are still there.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if part of the shortage of these phones is all the returns. Some people are up to 5 returns already. What a disaster of a launch.

If there are people on their 5th return, that's bound to be their last. Sooner or later they'll cut them off and give them their money back.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If there are people on their 5th return, that's bound to be their last. Sooner or later they'll cut them off and give them their money back.

That's what Google/Asus did with the Nexus 7. People were returning 10+ devices. Some people had legitimate complaints as the early production models were awful. Eventually they stopped swapping them out for some.

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
GL OP,

I have just returned my second one, waiting to get my third one and I hope it is finally fine.

Nokia is my first time ever with faulty quality, my history has been:

perfect iphone 3g
perfect iphone 4
perfect iphone 4s
perfect iphone 5

and as my first time moving off of ios to windows:
first replaced lumia: dead battery out of box
second replaced lumia: same bad quality top as yours, loose and wiggles and makes noise when phone is held, extremely bad build quality.

third lumia: Hopefully this will be it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon