Graphical Tearing at Boot

wbarshop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Friends,
I ordered my lovely Cyan Lumia 920 as soon as AT&T put them on presale-- I love the phone.
In general, I have no functional problems with it except for one issue.

---> At boot I have graphical tearing (looks like corrupted graphics, artifacting). This STARTS once "Windows Phone" splash screen begins, but NOT earlier (AT&T and NOKIA splash screens are unaffected). It persists into the booted WP8 OS for a little while-- all of the tiles are artifacted/torn-- but only for about 20 seconds or so. If I turn off the display and turn it back on, it will go away and will not happen again until I reboot my phone-- but then it will consistently occur.

1. Has anyone else observed this?
2. What steps should be taken to attempt a fix?
3. Should I go through the trouble of swapping out my phone while I still have the chance?

Once the screen stops the artifacting (after screen on/off or waiting long enough), everything snaps back to normal and it works like a charm -- and doesn't have any problems until it boots back up from a cold boot (when the artifacting happens again).
Does anyone share my plight?

wbarshop

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I think it quite strange that I'm the only person with this problem-- I figure it must be a flaw in the hardware. Due to this I have decided to exchange my phone.
I called AT&T Premier today to exchange for a new Cyan Lumia 920. They have informed me that it could take until Monday to ship, and they will send it with expedited shipping...
The thing I doubt at this point is that it will ship by/on Monday.

I'll be interested if anyone else runs into this problem- has anyone heard about this for any other L920?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb