Simple question

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something completely obvious, but why is there no way to search for things on your phone? Like when I press the dedicated search button, why does it only perform internet searches, and doesn't deal with any aspect related to the phone at all? Why does getting WP8 seem like taking multiple steps back from where I was with iOS 6?

spincel

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Am I missing something completely obvious, but why is there no way to search for things on your phone? Like when I press the dedicated search button, why does it only perform internet searches, and doesn't deal with any aspect related to the phone at all? Why does getting WP8 seem like taking multiple steps back from where I was with iOS 6?

There is no universal search like Windows 8. It has been there since Windows Phone 7. There are too many things that different from iOS and Android. However, since now Windows and Windows Phone share same kernel, maybe the next update will have this feature as well as other features.

awesomeindeed

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a question, but what exactly are you looking for? There are multiple ways to quickly search for things within their respective areas of the phone. I haven't really missed a universal search coming from Android and iOS because everything seems more organized to me with WP.

Just curious.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just a question, but what exactly are you looking for? There are multiple ways to quickly search for things within their respective areas of the phone. I haven't really missed a universal search coming from Android and iOS because everything seems more organized to me with WP.

Just curious.

just because it's well organized doesn't mean that they shouldn't include a feature that is more modern than traditional disjoint ways of going about performing a similar task, but I guess I should blame Apple far more than I can blame Microsoft.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Just curious.

It can be helpful to track down that odd bit of information when you don't remember whether you got it in a work email, personal email, or text; or if you might have stuck it in a notes file somewhere.

I need it much less now on WP8 than I did on iOS. That was how I quickly got to apps on my iPhone. The app list on WP8 largely obviates that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans