What so special about the Lumia 920?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
To me, saying there is not reason to have both is a bit of an overstatement though.

I didn't say there is no reason to have both. I said there is no added benefit of having both. If you think a Lumia 920 is the best for you as a phone, that doesn't automatically mean that the Surface is the best for you as a tablet, because you get nothing extra from that scenario. The same goes the other way around.

On the other hand, if you have an iPhone or iPad, the equivalent other device automatically becomes much more compelling simply because of the app compatibility.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The addition of small tiles makes all the difference in the world. There are so many possible looks and arrangements now.

Stand out features for me that matter day-to-day and I will never tire of:

- Beautiful screen
- Extremely capable camera in low-light. I happen to think the daytime pics are really good too.
- Excellent sound quality with headphones. I listen to lots of music and this is huge for me.
- Super smooth OS. In my experience having owned various iPhones, iPads, etc., even iOS is more prone to occasional slow-down than WP8. (And of course, Android, well... up until jelly bean it's not even worth mentioning in that regard)
- And as I've learned over the last couple days, my lazy side really appreciates wireless charging! ;-)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say there is no reason to have both. I said there is no added benefit of having both. If you think a Lumia 920 is the best for you as a phone, that doesn't automatically mean that the Surface is the best for you as a tablet, because you get nothing extra from that scenario. The same goes the other way around.

On the other hand, if you have an iPhone or iPad, the equivalent other device automatically becomes much more compelling simply because of the app compatibility.

ok. We seem to be going back and forth here. You didn't say there is no reason to have both. You are right. I meant that I still feel there is an added benefit simply based on the UI.

Right now windows 8 tablets tie in better with desktops. I would say better than an iPad ties in with desktops.

I am also looking at the future. Unless MS severely drops the ball with updates I wouldn't even think of my next tablet being an iPad if I were to keep my windows phone device. And this is coming from someone who had plenty of apple devices in the house.

Bottom line: if you are looking for tablet/phone interaction, IOS or even stock android might be the better option. Speaking desktop to phone or tablet to desktop, there is no combination strictly better than windows right now.

muddtt

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Are there any benefits from having a Windows 8 phone, Windows 8 tablet and PC? Also, besides CityLens and the PureView camera what are some of the other features that make this phone a must have? In other words, what sets it apart from the iPhone and say the Samsung Galaxy? My contract is up and I really want to get this phone but don't want to be bored after a day.
personally i like the hardware camera button to instant launch the camera app. But i'm a photo guy so that little thing is a big difference.

Other thing that sets it apart from the samsung stuff is that samsung is terrible at updates due to touchwiz and the fact that by the time you buy your galaxy phone the next generation will be announced 2 months later and they'll leave you with no updates. Otherwise samsung makes great phones.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
personally i like the hardware camera button to instant launch the camera app. But i'm a photo guy so that little thing is a big difference.

please correct me if I'm wrong... Don't all windows phones have the hardware button? Pretty sure the HTC models do, st the very least.

mark1914

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
With all the good reasons to own a Wp8 I still can't understand why I can't make myself like it as much as everyone else does. I keep picking up my Note. I've swapped my SIM card back and forth for the last two days.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Are there any benefits from having a Windows 8 phone, Windows 8 tablet and PC? Also, besides CityLens and the PureView camera what are some of the other features that make this phone a must have? In other words, what sets it apart from the iPhone and say the Samsung Galaxy? My contract is up and I really want to get this phone but don't want to be bored after a day.
Humm.

A skeptic that is unwilling to do there own due dillengence. I recommend you stay with Android or IOS. If you want something but don't know why (as per your own statements) then you really do not need it.

Sorry to be harsh but thats just the way it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786