Can ANYONE connect a device to the 920 (Internet Sharing)?

Alfredo Urquiza

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SOLVED!

In my case I had to set manually the internet settings for my carrier in the Lumia. Be aware that I have seen 2 different firmwares and the options under the settings are not the same. Also, this solved the tethering issue, although the phone had no problems to connect to internet by itself without this manual adjustments.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I had mine connected for a minute but then disconnected my laptop after I found it used 16MB while IDLE in a MINUTE. I absolutely balked as I don't have tethering on my plan.

Boost2Boob

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The problem is as someone else mentioned FIPS.

I got my phone some days ago and I have tried to turn on internet sharing for two days now.

I turned on FIPS a day ago but removed the security settings at the same time, so then it didnt work.

It has been messy with this phone.

At first it didnt recognize the sim card. I tapped on sim card and then it started "working" Then suddenly it went black and I couldnt do anything, it was dead.

I found out how you should do. You press the on/off button at the same time as the volume down button, then it reboots.

Now I finally can use internet sharing. You hover at the bottom in the right on networks, click it, right click the actual network, choose view connection properties, choose security tab, choose advanced settings and tick "Enable FIPS".

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
For how long did you keep it connected?

I'm having problems with the connection, as well:

1. Macbook Pro connects without an issue

2. After pretty much exactly one minute (which also happens to be the screen-timeout setting on the Lumia), the connection is dropped.

3. I can reconnect, but after another couple of minutes, the connection drops again. From then on, the WiFi adapter on my MBP doesn't react anymore until I do a full reboot.

With the new updated firmware the settings for turn off include never so maybe that should do the trick if you've gotten the update for those on ATT

warrentaye

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
on att I believe you need to have a 5gig + data plan to have tethering automatically enabled.

I recently dropped my data plan down to 3 gigs due to having more access to wifi and now I cannot tether.

When I did have it it worked great.

Shawn Mahoney

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I was having same issue. I tried the lock screen thing in the first post, and set phone lock to never and manually locked the screen and it seems fine now. I would suggest trying that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3