EE, L920 for ?399, where can i get one?

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got a 'Stock Update' sms off EE which states:

"Hi from EE. Just to let you know we haven't forgotten about your new phone. We'll be in touch soon to let you know when it's on the way. Thanks for your patience."

Light at the end of the tunnel or a false dawn?

I was 90% sure I was gonna cancel my pre-order and buy one on contract in town tonight, now I dont know what to do!

Anyone in the same situation?
What you gonna do?

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm I picked up an Orange PAYG ?399 (+?10 topup) Lumia 920 from an EE store on Monday. The following SIM cards all work with my handset: Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

I also got a free wireless charger and free headphones (free with any Orange PAYG handset over ?50). The store i visited only had a single PAYG Lumia 920 in stock, and the other EE stores i phoned didn't have any.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm I picked up an Orange PAYG ?399 (+?10 topup) Lumia 920 from an EE store on Monday. The following SIM cards all work with my handset: Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin.

I also got a free wireless charger and free headphones (free with any Orange PAYG handset over ?50). The store i visited only had a single PAYG Lumia 920 in stock, and the other EE stores i phoned didn't have any.

did you get the wireless charger n headphones in the store? or had to order online?

Bourbs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased one on PAYG from ee in westquay, southampton. Does anyone know how to unlock the phone? do any of the codes work? how can I flash the firmware? I have navifirm but not sure what to do from there.

Andy_McG84

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
the problem i have is, the store that will give me the wireless charger have no stock and the store that does have the stock but know nothing about the wireless charger. fuk faces
The EE stores I went into had a medium sized white sign with blue writing stating that every purchase of a lumia 920 or 820 would receive a free charging pad. It looked like an official Nokia sign (same font, colour etc) so it may have been in reference to the nokia website that you can apply for a charging pad through (Nokia Free Charger), this goes live tomorrow I believe.

Bourbs I suggest you go back to the store you got your Lumia from and see if this sign exists there (it was in the wall with the pay monthly phones in the stores I visited), and ask the staff/manager to clarify how you obtain the charging pad.

Just out of interest the EE website no longer states on the Lumia 920 details page that the a free charger pad comes with the phone, I sincerely hope they do not try to cheat me out of this as I will kick off big style if they do!! (they have to deliver the phone first tho)

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
The EE stores I went into had a medium sized white sign with blue writing stating that every purchase of a lumia 920 or 820 would receive a free charging pad. It looked like an official Nokia sign (same font, colour etc) so it may have been in reference to the nokia website that you can apply for a charging pad through (Nokia Free Charger), this goes live tomorrow I believe.

Bourbs I suggest you go back to the store you got your Lumia from and see if this sign exists there (it was in the wall with the pay monthly phones in the stores I visited), and ask the staff/manager to clarify how you obtain the charging pad.

Just out of interest the EE website no longer states on the Lumia 920 details page that the a free charger pad comes with the phone, I sincerely hope they do not try to cheat me out of this as I will kick off big style if they do!! (they have to deliver the phone first tho)

where would you find this sign? on the box or on the display area?

gth1630

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I got the headphone but the store does not have the wireless charger in stock. Did you get the charger in their store or request online?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
right, going to the EE store tomorrow. The lady at the store seemed really nice and reserved me one with a free wireless charger. I will return my phone to P4U first.

hope my t-mobile sim works in the ORANGE L920

rushandy

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey mister,

I purchased a 920 on payg (?399 + 10 top up) from an EE store last night. Like you, the guy behind the counter didn't have a clue about the wireless charger. He thought these were for new contracts only, not payg. He phoned his boss who kind of confirmed this but clearly didn't know really either. The main problem was that the wireless charger wouldn't scan into the till properly, and was coming up as costing ?40. He really wasn't for giving it to me, but I insisted it was a part of the deal everyone else seemed to be getting, payg OR contract. Eventually, he tried scanning the phone first as a payg sale, then scanning the wireless charger, and the charger came up at ?0.00 when scanned after the phone. At that point he was happy to give it to me. It was hard work though.

Like everyone else, I also got a pair of the Wesc headphones, which are quite nifty looking, but will probably end up on ebay.

gth1630

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went to the store that I purchased again but they still insist they will not have wireless charger and not willing to ask their boss.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Those returning a P4U phone, what reason are you providing?

I was refused return! Also, these ?399 - what colour options do we have?

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Got my PAYG L920 from Orange works with TMobile sim. The fact is EE shops can sell a few L920s on PAYG Orange and just pick them out of the EE L920 batch of devices and sell them as Orange. (inside info). Got my wireless chargers and headphones.

The excuse I used was that my battery life was shyt. I called P4U Customer services got a ref off them and went my local branch with my phone n ref. With a ref they have no choice coz going directly to P4U is head banging.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to 4 EE shops today and only one would seek me a 920 but didn't have stock the other 3siad that I'd as contract only. Why is Nokia making it so hard to take my money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs