EE, L920 for ?399, where can i get one?

superfox

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine from the EE store in N1 mall in Angel. They have more in stock. No wireless chargers though.cant wait to get this bad boy unlocked and start using it on Voda.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Got my PAYG L920 from Orange works with TMobile sim. The fact is EE shops can sell a few L920s on PAYG Orange and just pick them out of the EE L920 batch of devices and sell them as Orange. (inside info). Got my wireless chargers and headphones.

The excuse I used was that my battery life was shyt. I called P4U Customer services got a ref off them and went my local branch with my phone n ref. With a ref they have no choice coz going directly to P4U is head banging.

I think I might have to do the same because in shop I was told unless the network (Orange) tells them that there is no orange coverage in my postcode, they can't cancel the contract for me. Was yours a contract or did you just buy it sim-free for ?459.95?

Bourbs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I went to the EE store and asked about the free wireless charger. The employee went round the back and when he came out he said that the free wireless charger is only if you take out 4G contracts. I have another 2 EE stores in my city so I will ask in them tomorrow.

farooknaji

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
did you get the wireless charger n headphones in the store? or had to order online?

yup. I got the charger, though i actually received an empty box by mistake which they happily corrected when i returned. Also got the free headphones but they are a monstrosity which I'll be giving away.

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
sorry for the late reply,

when i originally got the L920 from P4U i paid ?459. Pretty expensive but i was impatient and didnt know about any other deals. Then a week later, on this cool forum, i found out that EE were selling the L920 on Orange with a free wireless charger & headphones for ?410 so instantly returned my L920 to P4U.

Unfortunately not EE staff are clued up about what can be sold what cant be. You will always get mixed info from them that confuses you.

Just go for it, EE, TMobile and Orange sims will work.

rushandy

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I went to the EE store and asked about the free wireless charger. The employee went round the back and when he came out he said that the free wireless charger is only if you take out 4G contracts. I have another 2 EE stores in my city so I will ask in them tomorrow.

They said that to me too (but about new contracts, not necessarily 4G ones), to be honest they were just making excuses because they weren't able to scan the charger through the till properly. It's clear the store havent really been given any clear guidelines as to when they should or shouldn't give them, away. I had to almost prise the damn thing out of their hands lol.

Get them to scan the PAYG phone THEN scan the charger afterwards, if they do that the charger price comes up at ?00.00 (instead of ?39.99), this seemed to convince the guy that they should be given away for free with the handset. Worked for me. I wasn't leaving without that charger lol.

laney182

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
went to the store yesterday the same one in which i got my 920, none in stock but the guy rang around and has reserved me one for free when they arrive next week (this is tmobile contract)

timetex

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm after some confirmation that PAYG phones sold on Orange are compatible with T-Mobile and EE SIMs, and that they qualify for the free charging plate.

My tale of woe is as follows:

10th Nov - visit EE store, port from TMUK to 4GEE, buy a new Nokia 920 in black. Phone / SIM untested in-store, but showing a SIM ERROR when I get home (presume it hasn't activated)
11th Nov - still showing SIM ERROR, so contact CS who advise the SIM is faulty, and to visit a store to replace (quicker than posting out)
12th Nov - visit store, they refuse to swap the SIM. Bit argument with CS, but nothing can be done.
13th Nov - visit store, SIM swapped, lousy experience, and I'm basically thrown a phone and told to activate it myself. The guy in the store actually has called Orange CS, so much confusion... and no confidence it has activated. SIM in phone is working, but no data and with wrong number...
13th Nov - late evening I phone CS to check it is activating properly. Advised that it isn't. New SIM ordered.
14th Nov - visit store to complain, advised to wait til it activates (they are confident it will!)
14th Nov - SIM activates! Phone works!
14th Nov - 4 hours later, SIM deactivates. The new SIM sent out on 13th Nov is now active (but I'm away for the night so can't use it)
15th Nov - get home, go to insert new, active SIM. Discover they've sent a NANO SIM. Shout at CS, new SIM ordered.
20th Nov - new SIM arrives. Inserted into phone. Phone goes into eternal power cycle, so I try a hard reset, and it turns into a brick.
20th Nov - phone CS, they cannot replace (no stock) nor can they get a store to swap it out as that isn't policy...

So... right now, 11 days after buying, I've had about 4 hours service, and now have a working SIM and a brick for a phone. I just want to go back to my old TMUK contract (3G but I had a 50% F&F discount) and then consider buying a PAYG Nokia 920 and putting my TMUK SIM in...

But I don't want to find myself lumbered with an Orange PAYG phone which my TMUK SIM won't work in...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss