The title might seem weird, but I figured I'd cover 2 questions at once.

1. My school uses Microsoft Outlook for its e-mail service. Anyone know how to link Outlook mail like that on Windows Phone? I tried it myself a couple of times, without success.

2. This was brought up in another thread (that I couldn't find), and I never saw an answer. Do we yet know what happens if you plug in your phone to a charger while it's on the wireless charging plate? I'm curious, but not curious enough to risk battery damage.
    11-14-2012 09:52 AM

1. My school uses Microsoft Outlook for its e-mail service. Anyone know how to link Outlook mail like that on Windows Phone? I tried it myself a couple of times, without success.

2. This was brought up in another thread (that I couldn't find), and I never saw an answer. Do we yet know what happens if you plug in your phone to a charger while it's on the wireless charging plate? I'm curious, but not curious enough to risk battery damage.
    You can setup e-mail using Outlook (Exchange). Just select it from the list when setting up the new account. You'll need to get the server and domain setting from your network administrator at the school though.

My wireless charger is on the way still, but I'm not going to risk the double charging test. I would think it's smart enough to know it's being charged already, but you never know.
    11-14-2012 10:03 AM

1) what NickA said

2) DOUBLE CHARGING POWER!!!!!!
    11-14-2012 10:11 AM
    Yeah, I asked one of the people in the IT department last night, but he wasn't 100% sure on it. I'll have to ask someone else later.
    11-14-2012 03:05 PM
    Yeah, I asked one of the people in the IT department last night, but he wasn't 100% sure on it. I'll have to ask someone else later.
    If your school has autodiscovery turned on, it should auto detect the correct settings by just providing your email and password. But I assume you already tried that.
    11-14-2012 03:08 PM
    No, I'm about to leave for class though, so I will have to look into that later tonight.
    11-14-2012 07:06 PM
    I got it working, but not in that way. I now have a new problem.

The name I chose for the account is apparently used by another account. My list of e-mail accounts does not show this account, though I THINK I know the cause. I tried to set this e-mail up under the advance Other option, rather than the Outlook option at one point. However, it failed, so I am wondering if I didn't delete it, and if there is a way to find it.
    11-14-2012 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD