Dirt and grease on cyan Lumia 920...how do I keep clean it?

aj4pals

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got my new Lumia 920 Cyan a couple of days ago and I really love the color. The best part is that it looks different shades in different lighting situations. What I am worried about is that the dirt and grease/oil/sweat from hands could just stick to the beautiful cyan region of the phone as it is matte finish. Any idea how I can make it immune to the discoloration caused by everyday use? How do I clean it regularly to maintain the original color of the phone?

Thanks,
Aj

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got my new Lumia 920 Cyan a couple of days ago and I really love the color. The best part is that it looks different shades in different lighting situations. What I am worried about is that the dirt and grease/oil/sweat from hands could just stick to the beautiful cyan region of the phone as it is matte finish. Any idea how I can make it immune to the discoloration caused by everyday use? How do I clean it regularly to maintain the original color of the phone?

Thanks,
Aj
Eat less greasy food? :) Or keep hand sanitizer Purell handy.

ksj1

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I use a lens wipe to clean my Lumia 900. Picked up a box of about 500 from Costco for ~$5. Makes it look like new.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
@Ebaneeezor

Thanks for the advice. Are you also using the Cyan version?

No, I choose black.. I really really wanted a cyan, until my dam kid said I was to old for it, lol - bursted my bubble (im only 39,dam) anyway....

I took black because I remember the 900 Cyans looking dirty on the ATT workers in the store.. and the other colors, as they get normal wear marks, will eventually collect dirt and dust, then it will show up really bad - kinda like a white car really shows dirt as it ages.. so Black was for me for long term visual appeal.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Everyone with the snide comments... please understand that I am not as rich or care free as you guys. I made an investment and I want to protect it. My question might seem dumb, but just think how petty you are, lobbying around in the forums just to make fun out of someone's concern. Good luck!
Sorry about that and didn't mean to offend you, it was all in fun because I myself constantly having to clean my devices. Avoid touching phone during meal time (so damn hard to do) :)

To project your investment, i suggest getting ZAGG as i mentioned above. Worth the investiment. Also, get yourself a micro fiber cloth and try not to use any type of cleaning solution, just cloth and small amout of water will do just fine.

Last edited:

aj4pals

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about that and didn't mean to offend you, it was all in fun because I myself constantly having to clean my devices. Avoid touching phone during meal time (so damn hard to do) :)

To project your investment, i suggest getting ZAGG as i mentioned above. Worth the investiment. Also, get yourself a micro fiber cloth and try not to use any type of cleaning solution, just cloth and small amout of water will do just fine.
I actually deleted that comment because I realized after a while that all those comments were pun-intended. Sorry about that comment.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No, I choose black.. I really really wanted a cyan, until my dam kid said I was to old for it, lol - bursted my bubble (im only 39,dam) anyway....

I took black because I remember the 900 Cyans looking dirty on the ATT workers in the store.. and the other colors, as they get normal wear marks, will eventually collect dirt and dust, then it will show up really bad - kinda like a white car really shows dirt as it ages.. so Black was for me for long term visual appeal.

Forget the new phone, time to get a new kid!!! ;-)

aj4pals

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Does the Zagg full body protector interfere with wireless charging in any way?

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't say for sure, but I would guess not. It looks like it's just some kind of plastic that is wrapped around the phone. A think plastic membrane shouldn't affect induction charging at all. If a little bit of plastic interfered with it, how would it work through the phone's exterior in the first place?

Also, sorry if you took my previous comment the wrong way. I didn't mean to be facetious or mocking. Seriously, microfiber cloth with a little bit of water. Works wonders.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

No, it doesn't. The front screen cover did, however, interfere with me being able to use the phone with gloves. That was a huge selling point for me. Took the zagg back within 24 hours.

Suri Juris

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nokia 920 Friday and placed it on the table where there was oil in the spot{Unknowingly} of course. I was going to take it back because it left a mean grease mark on the back. {I have the black one!} I was siting at work and decided to try some Germ-x hand sanitizer on the spot.. I did.. It took the oil straight off..; I previously tried everything that I could think of... SO GLAD IT WORKED!!!

Panu16

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Got a call on Sunday while working out at the gym. Took the call and got a few "sweat spots" on the back of my Cyan 920. Tried hand-sanitizer, lens cleaner, vodka, and warm towel. Those did not do anything to clean off the shiny spots. Found a post on the Nokia's official forum that suggested rubber eraser and rubbing alcohol. Those did the trick. My Cyan now looks like new again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss