New to Windows Phone OS, need help.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I love this phone and everything about it, but the default email is weird. My emails from the previous days all go away! How do I make it to where I can see ALL my emails, ALL the time. I've been trying in the settings, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you check out Settings --> email + accounts. Then pick the e-mail account in question, and see what it says under "Download e-mail from".

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I love this phone and everything about it, but the default email is weird. My emails from the previous days all go away! How do I make it to where I can see ALL my emails, ALL the time. I've been trying in the settings, but nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

In your settings for each mail account you have the option to:

Download emial from:
last 3 days
last 7 days
last 2 weeks
last month
anytime

Just select anytime. You can also choose to sync other folders if you want by going to them and long pressing > select sync this folder.

*edit* got beat to it.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Found the settings. Still the same thing. Here is a screen shot of my inbox. As you can see it is not showing my email from all day.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=1F8780E38DE07422!396&authkey=!AMcq4nXKHgPo68A

Just tried it right now; did a resync like you did too. Seems to work better, possibly (not sure if it was just a delayed download), when I went into folders and than tapped the appropriate email inbox (assuming your inboxes aren't linked). After that it all started to download.

Hope it works for you.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is really starting to drive me nuts. I feel like I'm missing some obvious option or something. I have tried ALL the settings and no matter what I try, the email app keeps removing emails from previous days! I never had this problem with Android. I don't plan on returning my 920 or anything but not having access to ALL my emails is not cool.

To be specific, if I set the "Download email from" setting to the previous month or even the last 7 days and then hit Sync. Nothing happens. Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?

Last edited:

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?

Yes. And sorry, I didn't know you had Outlook running.

Outlook will remove the copy of the e-mail from the server after it retrieves it. I haven't used Outlook in a while, so these instructions may not be totally accurate, but you sound savvy enough that you can figure it out...

Go to the properties of your e-mail account in Outlook. Look for an Advanced tab or something similar. You will be looking for a checkbox that says something like "Leave a copy of the email on server". Make sure it's checked. There may also be a check box that says "delete after xx number of days". Make sure that's unchecked.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Outlook will remove the copy of the e-mail from the server after it retrieves it. I haven't used Outlook in a while, so these instructions may not be totally accurate, but you sound savvy enough that you can figure it out...

Go to the properties of your e-mail account in Outlook. Look for an Advanced tab or something similar. You will be looking for a checkbox that says something like "Leave a copy of the email on server". Make sure it's checked. There may also be a check box that says "delete after xx number of days". Make sure that's unchecked.

Ahhhhh...yes! Thank you! I will check that when I get home.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is really starting to drive me nuts. I feel like I'm missing some obvious option or something. I have tried ALL the settings and no matter what I try, the email app keeps removing emails from previous days! I never had this problem with Android. I don't plan on returning my 920 or anything but not having access to ALL my emails is not cool.

To be specific, if I set the "Download email from" setting to the previous month or even the last 7 days and then hit Sync. Nothing happens. Could this be related to my Outlook on my desktop PC? If I check my email on my desktop PC and get new mail, can I still go over to the 920 and download the emails again?

Whilst you're sorting this out, bear in mind you can still access all your other emails.

When you perform a search, at the bottom of the results list is the option so "search more in..." if you tap on the account you want to search it'll perform a search on the server and give you all the relevant emails.

It's not a perfect solution but it should help whilst you're sorting out downloading everything :) I use it quite frequently as there's no way in the world any phone could store all of my emails and still work reliably!

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I checked my Outlook settings and sure enough the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" was unchecked. The "remove from server after" box was unchecked so I left it alone. Hope this fixes it! :unsure:

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a bunch! This worked! Back in business. Got up this morning and all my emails were still there. I also checked email on my Outlook first and then my phone to be sure it was saving them on the server and it was. Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett