So after reading about all the battery issues some people are having it seems like NFC is contributing. I'm still waiting to pick up my 920 personally so I can't share any opinions on that but just curious if there's any reason I should have NFC enabled all the time.

I know the purpose of it but I just can't see it being a feature that would be used throughout the day everyday. Or am I wrong?
    11-14-2012 05:19 PM
    11-14-2012 05:24 PM
    To be fair, I've had NFC turned on since I got my phone last Friday. I've had no issues with the battery. In fact, right now my phone has been off the charger for over 9 hours with some light use (game, txt, facebook, web browsing, calling), and it still shows 87% battery left.

I did disable the Nokia Drive background task though.
    11-14-2012 07:00 PM
    To be fair, I've had NFC turned on since I got my phone last Friday. I've had no issues with the battery. In fact, right now my phone has been off the charger for over 9 hours with some light use (game, txt, facebook, web browsing, calling), and it still shows 87% battery left.

I did disable the Nokia Drive background task though.
    I'm on 12 hours since I took it off the charger, and I'm at 78% right now. NFC has been on since I got the phone last Friday. I too disabled the Nokia Drive background task.
    11-14-2012 09:10 PM
    NFC shouldn't cause draining
    11-14-2012 09:58 PM
    it shouldn't but a lot of people including myself have seen improved battery life with it off.
    11-14-2012 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD