Help please! Lumia 920 won't power up

localgroup

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't return it. Mine was freezing everyday until I uninstalled RedBull app. Skype is also known in this forum for freezing your phone. In 2 weeks it has not froze a single time and I have installed plenty of apps. The trick is to trigger the freezing app...

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't return it. Mine was freezing everyday until I uninstalled RedBull app. Skype is also known in this forum for freezing your phone. In 2 weeks it has not froze a single time and I have installed plenty of apps. The trick is to trigger the freezing app...
Ok then, that's what I was thinking too.. Then I'll uninstall them one at a time and see which one has been naughty.. starting with Skype :) Thx

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me twice today and once yesterday. I'll try uninstalling WWF and see if that helps. If not, its going back.

Definitely that app WWF is the problem. It locked my phone and when I was able to bring it back it was bricked.All I had was a blue screen after the AT&T logo. I managed to fixed it with the process that is described in a thread in the forums

Matthew Hypolite

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My wife woke me up this morning and asked if im not getting ready for work, i said yes but my alarm has not gone off yet, She said it was 7.10, i was like what?
Picked up my 920 off the nokia wireless charger, press power to check time, nothing happened! As most on the forum i began to panic a bit wondering if i got a bad 920. (Also hussling to not be late for work).
This happened to me once before, but i held down the camera button, and it unlocked the phone into the camera app. This didnt work this time.
I immediately plugged in the phone to see if that helped, but no joy. I then put my PC to powerup to search wpcentral, then i remember glancing at something about Power + Volume a while back, so i tried it and the phone booted. I've now searched to see if others experience this issue and found this thread. I dont have wwf installed, i have nokia drive beta but i've never used it, Only other app mentioned that i have installed and used is skype.

I hope the portico update and whatever firmware release nokia has planned with that update resolves this issues, Because i've come to depend heavily on Wireless Charging and Skype.

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i've had mine now for about a month and it just froze up. I freaked out. I knew it had like 49% battery about 2 minutes before, so I knew it wasn't the battery dying. I tried holding volume down, lock button and camera button for about 10 seconds and that got it back to life. I don't have WWF or Skype installed, but I do have Nokia Drive. It wasn't running at the time it froze, but it is installed.
Pretty scary experience.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I can tell you I've uninstalled all the apps I had at the beginning (except the pre-installed ones), and it didn't help.. I'm waiting for a system update (I'm running 9903), but if that doesn't help either I'll have to return it I guess..

Dredghill1

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
OK: Happened to me. :asleep: Less than 24Hours of signing up a new account with AT&T for the Lumia 920.

As previously stated that other users are claiming that it CANNOT happen with the Wired Charger from Nokia.
I received the lumia 920 last night, downloaded various different apps, including the following: AMAZON MOBILE, BREAK.COM VIDEOS, CINEMAGRAPH, CREATIVE STUDIO, FACEBOOK/FACEBOOK PRO, FLASHLIGHT, FOURSQUARE, FREE SPEED TEST, GOOGLE (SEARCH), GOOGLE MAIL, GOOGLE MAIL 2 (2ND ACCOUNT), GROUPME, GROUPON, NOKIA CITY LENS, NOKIA MAPS, GAME: CONTRE JOUR, ANGRY BIRDS, FRUIT NINJA, XBOX SMARTGLASS, NOKIA MUSIC, NOKIA TRAILERS, NOKIA XPRESS, PANORAMA, SKYPE, SMART SHOOT, WNM LIVE (I think might be the major culprit cause it looks like it's still designed for WP7 otherwise Maybe like other said Nokia Drive, but I have yet to actually use it besides just downloading the map of Minnesota).

It's Kind've good that it happened so soon, since I haven't downloaded 100s of apps yet. So If Someone can determine it to be one of those, or can point out issue they've had with those apps. Please do, so we can find a potential solution or a easy fix for nokia.

Anyways....
I Received the device yesterday night and I downloaded a majority of those apps that night. I charged it overnight with the wired charger (No Issues), and than I downloaded the rest throughout the rest of the morning and day (up till 6pm). I started trying out the web browser for a while after I watched some of the Nokia Trailer Content and playing the game Contre Jour, afterwards I put the device into the Wired charger, came back my lumia 920 2 hours later ... and BAM. Bricked?!.

I did the soft reset as mentioned here and POOF, fixed and it turned back on! Awesome. (However it's still pretty un-nerving having a phone less than 24hours and it freezes up like that = / . Not sure If its W8 to blame since I've only had it for only a full day, or just a badly programmed or outdated app. However I still love the WP OS and my red Lumia 920, especially in comparison to android or IOS, both which have their own strengths/weaknesses just like WP8, but using all 3, I feel like wp8 has unprecedented potential if Microsoft can make their xbox/desktop/WP8/RT/PRO ecosystem come to fruition while allowing for windows powered devices to be more streamlined and "Stable" similar to IOS's closed off system, W8 in my opinion is the middle ground between android and IOS. (Android being almost completely open, IOS being locked down, and W8 being somewhere in between). Xbox is really Microsoft's big gain over any of the competition as it sits right now. (No other OEM besides microsoft, sony, and the ghost nintendo) would be able pull off a full ecosystem that syncs together efficiently w/o the reliance on other big box developers/manufacturers. (android kickstarter, ios apple tv, etc.)

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
As previously stated that other users are claiming that it CANNOT happen with the Wired Charger from Nokia.

btw, if anyone says it can't happen while the phone is charging with the original wired charger then I say it is not true.. Happened to me already at least twice WHILE the phone was charging through the wired charger..
And it's still happening more or less once a day, even though I've uninstalled all the apps since I got it..

Stephernie88

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My phone was on the wireless charger all night, and now this morning it wont turn on. I tried plugging it in the wired charger to see if it was the charger, but it still wont turn on. I tried the reset ideas on here, and that hasn't worked either :'(

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone was on the wireless charger all night, and now this morning it wont turn on. I tried plugging it in the wired charger to see if it was the charger, but it still wont turn on. I tried the reset ideas on here, and that hasn't worked either :'(

Have you tried both key combinations, i.e. holding volume down+power and also holding volume up+power+camera? Keep in mind that it’s not enough to keep them pressed for a few seconds like in most other devices, but you need to hold them really long, like 20-30s. For me the vol down+power works every time.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok happened to me right now and ran over to this great forum. The power/volume/camera did the job. I just finished downloading gmaps and I think my nokia music was already finishing refresh music offline before this happened

unicaijaxhit

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same situation right now that i was so worried! But when i saw this message about combining the volume and the power the camera did worked! Thank you very much! :)

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Dont bother for a system update
it wont help
this is a hardware issue
i sent mine out to repair and nokia confirmed they had to change parts as it was a hardware issue

anon(5704694)

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Phew! Thank goodness I found this thread.

This morning, when I opened up the Nokia Music app, my phone got stuck. I was able to slide through the different tabs in the app but clicking on anything did not work. The BACK, HOME, CAMERA, VOLUME buttons didn't work either. I left the phone as is and went for breakfast. When I returned 20 minutes back, the phone was off and wouldn't turn on. Kind of like bricked.

The volume+lock+camera trick finally worked and did a soft reset.

When back to Nokia Music and it worked just fine. Just a coincidence? I don't know!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)