doubled my battery life!

thefrooog

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI to help anyone with battery issues...

I got my phone 9:00am Friday and through out the weekend tried to justify to my self that the 12-14 hours of battery life was acceptable. But what really killed me was the amount of battery drain during stand by!... I knew that just couldn't be right. So after trying the full battery drain and full charge a few times with only minor improvements I decided to "reset to factory" last night

Completely changed the phone!... Hardly any battery drain during stand by, I'm noticing about 1% an hour now! And instead of it dying in 12 hours im on track for 24! And this is with more use as I spent about an hour reloading email accounts and apps

So for anyone having sub 18 hours of battery life PLEASE try resetting your phone!

Last edited:

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this time learning my lesson with the Lumia 900 I performed a factory reset BEFORE I loaded up all my apps.

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just FYI to help anyone with battery issues...

I got my phone 9:00am Friday and through out the weekend tried to justify to my self that the 12-14 hours of battery life was acceptable. But what really killed me was the amount of battery drain during stand by!... I knew that just couldn't be right. So after trying the full battery drain and full charge a few times with only minor improvements I decided to "reset to factory" last night

Completely changed the phone!... Hardly any battery drain during stand by, I'm noticing about 1% an hour now! And instead of it dying in 12 hours im on track for 24! And this is with more use as I spent about an hour reloading email accounts and apps

So for anyone having sub 18 hours of battery life PLEASE try resetting your phone!

Thought instructions might be appropriate. How to: Hard Reset the Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

I'm trying it now. We'll see over the next few days.

thefrooog

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't hurt (takes like 5 min)... and definitely better then having to reload everything if you decide you need to do it latter.

Also I did NOT restore from a backup when I did this, just a clean install.

Thanks bryan_05 for the link

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
A factory data reset (FDR) is a normal procedure for Android owners. It was the first thing I did to all my Android phones, and it made all the difference in the world.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I suggested people try restoring their phones last week when the battery issue first appeared lol. Anyways it's good advice.

StevenF19

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I backed up my phone before resetting. Will it make a difference if I restore all my previous settings from my backup after the hard reset?

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Didnt do much for me, tried it this morning. :(I do use google though so i did the work around as suggested for the bug with gmail.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So I tried a hard reset and that was a bad idea for me. My phone now won't make it past the Nokia boot screen. I've tried doing the soft and hard reset button combos multiple times still nothing. Ugh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans