doubled my battery life!

cbrunn2

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20121118_0001.pngwp_ss_20121118_0002.png

This is while texting and WhatsApp all day ... like 15-20 minute worth of calls ... 20 min of Navigation ... some facebooking ... not Heavy use but hey I can't complain

Bluetooth and NFC off ... WIFI on all day ... and regular settings ... 2 email accounts at 1 hr a piece

this is a replacement device ... the 1st one I had froze on me and had horrible battery life ... I would suggest either draining the battery fully (letting it die and try to turn it back on and let it drain out again and so on until it won't turn back on), or try to go get a replacement device ...

Razdek

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So I did the reset about a little over an hour ago, still sitting there with 2 gears spinning. Did I brick my phone?

Yep, that means it's bricked. For those that are considering resetting your phone be aware that there is a chance that it can get bricked as it's happened to many people on this forum including myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmmrkm

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
you will see those alphabets once you reach minimum number of aps. I was wondering the same thing and after I added more apps, it showed up.

pmmrkm

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Having turn "off" auto brightness and setting it to "low" helps battery tremendously. Even with low brightness, you can ready text vey clearly.

Nokia_Lindsay

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All – I work for Nokia and wanted to provide a few quick tips to improve the battery performance on your Lumia 920:

1. Be mindful of background tasks. When left running in the background, some apps may continue to draw battery power. To prevent this, you can manually turn off background tasks. Go to Settings, swipe left to Applications and select Background Tasks. Navigation apps tend to consume more power so ensure that Nokia Drive+ is turned off when not in use. Graphics and audio heavy games like Angry Bird Star Wars should be turned off as well. Although tapping the back arrow usually closes an app, deactivating the Background Task ensures these apps do not draw power.
  2. As with any smartphone, email is another application that can impact battery performance. If you are not an active email user, you can improve your battery performance by adjusting the email sync settings to less frequently.
  3. Always use the Nokia charger that came with the phone or a Nokia wireless charging accessory.

Performing a ‘hard re-set’ or ‘hard re-boot’ is typically not recommended. If you’ve tried the three tips above and continue to experience problems, contact us at Nokia Care @NokiaCareUS. We’ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi All ? I work for Nokia and wanted to provide a few quick tips to improve the battery performance on your Lumia 920:

1. Be mindful of background tasks. When left running in the background, some apps may continue to draw battery power. To prevent this, you can manually turn off background tasks. Go to Settings, swipe left to Applications and select Background Tasks. Navigation apps tend to consume more power so ensure that Nokia Drive+ is turned off when not in use. Graphics and audio heavy games like Angry Bird Star Wars should be turned off as well. Although tapping the back arrow usually closes an app, deactivating the Background Task ensures these apps do not draw power.
  2. As with any smartphone, email is another application that can impact battery performance. If you are not an active email user, you can improve your battery performance by adjusting the email sync settings to less frequently.
  3. Always use the Nokia charger that came with the phone or a Nokia wireless charging accessory.

Performing a ?hard re-set? or ?hard re-boot? is typically not recommended. If you?ve tried the three tips above and continue to experience problems, contact us at Nokia Care @NokiaCareUS. We?ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Why use a nokia charger? higher amps? As for the wireless charger... um... better air particles are attracted to the nokia charging plates ??? you're saying don't use an accessory like the JBL speaker system to charger... c'mon...

excuse my ignorance, but...

bitseizure

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
seriously... consider this... when you hard reset the phone, all you are doing is resetting the battery percentage's starting point. The battery percentage is only an indicator/estimate of remaining battery charge. So weigh the risk of bricking your phone against having a "fresh" battery percentage starting point...

the more that you use and charge your phone, theoretically, the more accurate the battery indicator will get...

the best suggestion that I've heard is managing your background tasks (disable apps that use hardware in the background if you're a total battery freak). Even the battery conditioning is suspect (this is Lion after all). What makes sense to me, is that when you run your battery down to zero, it effects that damned battery percentage estimator - no actual battery improvement...

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi All ? I work for Nokia and wanted to provide a few quick tips to improve the battery performance on your Lumia 920:

Performing a ?hard re-set? or ?hard re-boot? is typically not recommended. If you?ve tried the three tips above and continue to experience problems, contact us at Nokia Care @NokiaCareUS. We?ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Thanks. Does Nokia have anything to do with the Brightness settings? Loe does not seen LOW and we should have an option to go lower. That can help save battery when using the phone in darker locations where you dont need really any brightness but bare minimum.

JSNDarko

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Now on my second 920 and was great all day however at night I ut it on the charge pad (yes NFC was enabled) at around 90% and woke up with 38% battery. Only background app running is weather channel. I never took the sticker off the back of the phone yet but I seriously doubt that would have blocked the charge, my first phone charged fine on it. When I laid it down last night it made the tone to and turned the screen on for a second and the light came on on the pad. Not sure whats up but at work now with it charging via usb to outlet. I will mess with it more tonight, hopefully I didnt get another lemon!

gbx5

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Now on my second 920 and was great all day however at night I ut it on the charge pad (yes NFC was enabled) at around 90% and woke up with 38% battery. Only background app running is weather channel. I never took the sticker off the back of the phone yet but I seriously doubt that would have blocked the charge, my first phone charged fine on it. When I laid it down last night it made the tone to and turned the screen on for a second and the light came on on the pad. Not sure whats up but at work now with it charging via usb to outlet. I will mess with it more tonight, hopefully I didnt get another lemon!

I wouldn't rule that out, I've gone three in a row...Hope your carrier will be kind =(

octn

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one having a worse experience than before with the phone after the factory reset? It was never uncomfortably warm before but now it gets too hot after mild internet usage. And my battery life is still the same (12-14 hours).

cruzr96

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one having a worse experience than before with the phone after the factory reset? It was never uncomfortably warm before but now it gets too hot after mild internet usage. And my battery life is still the same (12-14 hours).

That's the only thing keeping me from hard resetting. I figure the battery just needs to be broken in a little more before I reset. My battery life is about the same as yours, and my battery seems to drop one or two percent every ten minutes on idle. Real annoying, but I can't complain because that's the only problem I have on mine so far :p

vampireodbc

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, still 12 hours left in 44 %. Impressive. I just got an ID for my own in this forum and I really want to get along with you guys :grin:. I'm still saving money to buy a Lumia 920, now I'm studying some tips and tricks to expand the battery life to prepare for my future phone.
After reading some threads, I conclude the information about battery saving. Please help me confiming those, I'll be much appreciated :wink:
1. Perform a hard reset right after turned the phone on.
2. Remove the Nokia Drive Beta from the Background Programs.
3. Reduce the brightness, disable the Automatic Adjust.
4. Disable the connectivities like 3G, Bluetooth, NFC when not necessary.
5. Remove the Battery Percent
Please confirm those for me. Thanks a lot!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa