iChanged my mind

Bill Snyder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the iPhone5 is going up on eBay and I'm keeping the Lumia 920.

At first I was annoyed at some of the little things that the iPhone did and the Lumia didn't. But it soon turned the other way around.

My top ten little things

10) I am not forced to have a unified email inbox
9) The camera app works seamlessly with other edit and export apps (e.g. Flickr)
8) Can wake up the phone with the camera button
7) Can use the screen with gloves on!
6) I can get my SMS messages spoken automatically and reply - with the phone in my
pocket. Quite handy when you are dealing with a couple little ones and your wife
messages you.
5) The back button. How'd I live with out this? :lol:
4) The camera flash is a great flash lite (I can see now when I take the dog out)
3) The stock Nokia sound effects
2) Stock Nokia apps are some of the best I've never heard of. Drive FTW!
1) Office rocks. Was able to open a complicated macro Excel file for work today. Nice!

Darus214

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my first wp device too after 3 generations of iPhones. I was a bit nervous about the switch but after playing with the lumia for a day....not goin back anytime soon. The app situation is a bit of a bummer but I think itll improve once more people get on wp8

Bill Snyder

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I moving from one ecosystem to another is tough. It's the apps and its the nuances of the OS/Hardware that you don't even realize you use until they are gone. But I've used the Lumia enough to know I personally like it more than the iPhone5. Hardware AND OS. Looking forward to seeing how MS moves WP8 forward....

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I had no problem linking my accounts

Maybe I am the one confused here, but my issue is the opposite. It seems we don't have the option for a unified mailbox (which I would prefer). Is this true?

You have to link your accounts to the mail box. When you are in your mailbox, pull up the settings. if you haven't linked your boxes they will show up in other inboxes. if You click on an inbox under other inboxes, it will link it to you inbox.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am the one confused here, but my issue is the opposite. It seems we don't have the option for a unified mailbox (which I would prefer). Is this true?

You can - when you open outlook email (formerly live.com account) its in the initial settings menu after pressing the three little dot thingy in that settings menu you can choose the "Link inboxes". He was simply saying he's not "forced" to do this.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
the iPhone5 is going up on eBay and I'm keeping the Lumia 920.

At first I was annoyed at some of the little things that the iPhone did and the Lumia didn't. But it soon turned the other way around.

My top ten little things

10) I am not forced to have a unified email inbox
9) The camera app works seamlessly with other edit and export apps (e.g. Flickr)
8) Can wake up the phone with the camera button
7) Can use the screen with gloves on!
6) I can get my SMS messages spoken automatically and reply - with the phone in my
pocket. Quite handy when you are dealing with a couple little ones and your wife
messages you.
5) The back button. How'd I live with out this? :lol:
4) The camera flash is a great flash lite (I can see now when I take the dog out)
3) The stock Nokia sound effects
2) Stock Nokia apps are some of the best I've never heard of. Drive FTW!
1) Office rocks. Was able to open a complicated macro Excel file for work today. Nice!

Seriously - I hate going to use our family iPod now (and have for the last 2+ years since I got a WP). Its one of the things that I feel WP and Android trump iOS on. Convenience sake is so nice - especially since you ALWAYS know where the back button is located instead of having to search for wherever a dev decided to place it.

Though, I have an e-mail address I use quite frequently through my dad's web company and the spam filter through it is not that good. So I can get tons of spam e-mail (not nearly as much as we used to). I wish the email app flagged junk mail either more reliably or period. But, its easy enough to delete things. Just time consuming.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I would like to apologise for my reply to your original post. At the time I thought you were just trolling with the list of complaints you had.

Glad you gave WP8 a little more time to grow on you and welcome to the club!

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Simply go to one of your email account inboxes and tap the options icon (3 dots bottom right) and click 'link inboxes'...that's it.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Seriously - I hate going to use our family iPod now (and have for the last 2+ years since I got a WP). Its one of the things that I feel WP and Android trump iOS on. Convenience sake is so nice - especially since you ALWAYS know where the back button is located instead of having to search for wherever a dev decided to place it.

Though, I have an e-mail address I use quite frequently through my dad's web company and the spam filter through it is not that good. So I can get tons of spam e-mail (not nearly as much as we used to). I wish the email app flagged junk mail either more reliably or period. But, its easy enough to delete things. Just time consuming.

You can, just setup in outlook.com

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the WP8 fan club!!!

I ended up returning back my iphone 5 for awesome looking Lumia 920!!!

I have been using the phone for than a week now and I am very happy with it.

On the unified email inbox. I have both my gmail and outlook inbox pin up to the start screen and they are certainly not unified.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro