Is it worth paying $900 for the Dev version?

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I see on eBay a few listings for the dev (BUILD) version. I contacted a seller and he would accept $880. Is it worth it? Most sales are going for $950.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, what do you want it for? For me, no, not worth it. I won't be traveling in the time that the 920 is a relevant piece of hardware, which is about the only reason I would consider one.

realityeye

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I see on eBay a few listings for the dev (BUILD) version. I contacted a seller and he would accept $880. Is it worth it? Most sales are going for $950.
No it is not worth it.

Even if you were going to develop some applications for Windows Phone, a standard 920 would do.

Would a warranty even be valid if you purchased it from this guy?

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it is.

Just get an unlocked version from some online retailer...or just give it another 3-4 weeks, prices will go down for sure.

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No it is not worth it.

Even if you were going to develop some applications for Windows Phone, a standard 920 would do.

Would a warranty even be valid if you purchased it from this guy?
well there isn't a warranty on any BUILD device, if I am not mistaken. It does have the 1700MHZ band unlike the international devices.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
well there isn't a warranty on any BUILD device, if I am not mistaken. It does have the 1700MHZ band unlike the international devices.

It seems to have a warranty. My IMEI checks out on Nokia's warranty check.

OP, $880 seems rather steep, but if you go use TMobile's $30 plan you might break even after 2 years.

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems to have a warranty. My IMEI checks out on Nokia's warranty check.

OP, $880 seems rather steep, but if you go use TMobile's $30 plan you might break even after 2 years.
well if it does have a warranty, if something were to happen what would they replace it with? didn't they only make 2,500 of them?

TechyMexican

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm you do make a point. Does Nokia usually repair phones or replace them?

Contact us - Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - USA

I tried to start a warranty claim, and they wanted to have me ship the phone to them.
hmmm. that's interesting. Considering there are only two people selling a Lumia 920 right now on eBay as a buy it now. Should I buy it? Maybe I can try my luck with the listing with best offer

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
It's not worth it dude. Even if you break even after 2 years of T-Mobile's 30 dollar plan, by even one year's time, there will be something better out. Best to just be patient and let the cards play out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention