Anyone know what the return policy is for battery "defect"?

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
took me a week to come to terms that my battery life is not how it should be.

Now Im trying a few full cycles of the battery, and if that doesn't resolve it, I will try a factory reset.

My only concern is, how much time do I have? I think theres a 2 week no questions return policy, would I be best to make a final decision by next Friday? I can only charge and kill the battery so many times in that many days. I don't want to be stuck with the phone if I cant resolve it...

anyone know what the policy is?

edit: return/replacement if that makes a difference.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I assume you mean with AT&T? It's 14 days and there is a restocking fee if the replacement is a different SKU (aka different device or color) after that you will have to deal with Nokia for warrenty service.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
yes, att, so 14 days, wonder if they are even open the Friday after thanksgiving.

Are there any hoops for it? I mean, do I just tell them the battery doesn't hold a charge and they swap it out? or do I need a chain of service attempts before hand?

LazyLemming

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
yes, att, so 14 days, wonder if they are even open the Friday after thanksgiving.

Are there any hoops for it? I mean, do I just tell them the battery doesn't hold a charge and they swap it out? or do I need a chain of service attempts before hand?

Generally within the 14 days they're pretty easy to get an exchange. Show them your battery settings where it shows crap like "time since charge, 2 hours. 22% battery remaining."

After that you'll have to deal with Nokia Warranty where you will probably have to send in your phone and wait for them to diagnose before they send you a replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers